General Finally got one

Currently reading:
General Finally got one

abarthnotenough?

:D Well got one today but cant pick it up till Wed:mad:
Its an Abarth in yellow with 43k and full history! Has the big glass roof and black leather! cant say enough about how clean it is! seats look like never been sat in and the rest just like its just left the showroom! drives like a new car no rattles, squeeks, knocks ect! unlike the last one i drove on the same reg! (52 plate).
Anyway have a few newbie questions already!
1,how do i check auto wipers & lights?
2,The leather seats didnt seem to be electric or heated! is this not a standard feature?
3, had an intermittant airbag light fault come up! how do i sort this?
Cheers in advance fellas(y) will no doubt have lots more questions after i pick it up!
Lee:)

Good car, great colour. Sunroof too!

Airbag sensor under the passenger seat. Loads of info-see guides.

Lights come on if dark, thats the easiest test. Wipers?spray some water on the screen?

I had all those on my first Stilo but I have to say the wipers were annoying.

Bet you can't wait?

Congrats on your purchase mate. nice one (y) .

Cant say that my car is exactly an Abarth, but it is a Stilo (one of the most interesting and good looking 3dr cars on the market).

My car has the skyroof and its one of the best features of the car (along with the looks), i can now get a tan on the move, just enjoying the last of the summer rays, not much of them to come (which is a bummer :( ).

Im not sure wether my car has the auto lights/wipers as the dealer told me that it did have when i picked it up but i havent worked out how to use them yet!!!:idea: .

May you have many years of happy motoring to come in your beast of a car and dont be going to fast. ;)

May you have many years of happy motoring to come in your beast of a car and dont be going to fast. ;)
:D HeHe,just sold a TVR Cerbera! Abarth feels so slow!:mad:
But im a driving instructor so had to sell the TVR! would have lost my licence very quickly! just could'nt help puttin me foot down:D

Ive only just turned 19 ;) so wot do u think i do in my Stilo. But unlike chavs round our end i dont do 60 mph down a 30 road with kids and that at the side of it.

I prefer to let them burn past me in the restricted town and vilage 30's and the catch up with them on the straight roads that link our village when the superior torque of my diesel stilo pulls there 1.2 corsas and saxos in like a paperclip to a magnet.

i love seeing there faces in my rear view mirror as i rush past them.

was it hard to become a driving instructor cos that is somthing i am quit einterested in becoming in the near future

Hi, It is hard but well worth it IMHO. You have to be passed your test 4 years and no more than 5 points. 0 preferably!

Will post some pics of the abarth when i get chance! dont pick it up till Wed.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
:D :D :D :D :D :D Got a phone call this morning saying my car is ready for collection! so that was it i was off! nice drive home with the roof open in the sunshine! (while it lasts). Got to say its cleaner than i remembered! its like a brand new car insde and out under bonnet the lot!
Well happy(y)

Emjoy the roof whilst you can mate (y). Only a few more weeks left before mine will probably be left redundant. With the coldness in a morning and the dew drops i cant use it, and its always to cold on an evening to use it (n). The only time i tend to use mine now is over a lunch time.

Our car park at the moment is full of Ford Focus's (and its driving me nuts), they are all company cars returned from the area mangers at my workplace (they all have new Mondeos now - what a surprise). The only way to distinguish them is to say Blue one, Green one, Black one etc.

Its always refreshing seeing another Stilo or Alfa out on the road! Hopefully soon ill take some pics of my Stilo on my gf's brother-in-law's Alfa 156SW GTA! Now that is a good looking car!

I like it when i see another Stilo on the road (especially if it is a 3dr). It makes all shivers run up and down my spine lol for some unknown reason. I think that could be bacuse when i see there car past me, i think to myself i am driving one of those good looking beasts. (y)

I like it when i see another Stilo on the road (especially if it is a 3dr). It makes all shivers run up and down my spine lol for some unknown reason. I think that could be bacuse when i see there car past me, i think to myself i am driving one of those good looking beasts. (y)

Im pretty much the same even when I see a 5dr! :D (y)

Back