Technical Finally getting Tints!

Currently reading:
Technical Finally getting Tints!

safwan94

First pay on the 9th so I'm gonna get tints. I was thinking 15% back and 50% front. Any suggestions?

First pay on the 9th so I'm gonna get tints. I was thinking 15% back and 50% front. Any suggestions?

Jus ad mine done 2day. I went 5% on the boot n 20% on tbe back 2 side windows.

If u tint the front u face a fine from the police n also ur voiding ur insurance in the event of a accident which could ultimately end up in prison time.
The fronts are alredy tinted to the legal limit neways

I'm not keen on front tints, that's just my opinion, rears look amazing but fronts make me wonder what you're hiding ;)

Haha I like the idea of fronts coz i like privacy and it gives the car a gangster lool haha

Jus ad mine done 2day. I went 5% on the boot n 20% on tbe back 2 side windows.

If u tint the front u face a fine from the police n also ur voiding ur insurance in the event of a accident which could ultimately end up in prison time.
The fronts are alredy tinted to the legal limit neways

Interesting choice, I thought the norm was to get the same shade for boot and back windows. Yeah I've fully done my research on the fronts and my cousin is a police officer. Legally we're only allowed 70% which most cars come fitted with already. But you can only get fines and points from police if your vehicle is classed as 'dangerous' and the fronts need to be 30% or below to be classed as such. So in the unlikely event I ever got pulled over, I'd merely receive a discretionary warning. But with 50% it's highly unlikely I'd ever get stopped by police. As regards to accident don't worry the tints till be off soon before claims handler comes and I'm wicker driver anyway crashing is unlikely lool.

That's a good price im gonna pay £90 for whole car in a garage near Westfield Stratford. The usual going rate in London is £140!

as you have already been told the front tints would be illegal ! so I wouldn't bother and save yourself the money plus the fine that the police will hammer you with !

as you have already been told the front tints would be illegal ! so I wouldn't bother and save yourself the money plus the fine that the police will hammer you with !

The police can't fine me if I get 50% bro lool. My cousins in the force, they can only hammer if the front is 30% or lower which would class the vehicle as 'dangerous'.

The police can't fine me if I get 50% bro lool. My cousins in the force, they can only hammer if the front is 30% or lower which would class the vehicle as 'dangerous'.

Also even if the police dont do you im pretty sure your insurance company would ryally screw you if you crashed and they were on!

However you'll keep getting pulled as they'll think they look over the limit (which they are). Chances are they'll make you pull it off the first time anyway. So probably a waste of money and I hope everything else is in order, as you'll get a thorough tyre kicking from them.

I got tints today, love them! Got back three windows done, if I was you I wouldn't get front windows tinted. Cops will pull you over plus you won't be able to see at night.
Luke.
ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1375903798.221352.jpg

Interesting choice, I thought the norm was to get the same shade for boot and back windows. Yeah I've fully done my research on the fronts and my cousin is a police officer. Legally we're only allowed 70% which most cars come fitted with already. But you can only get fines and points from police if your vehicle is classed as 'dangerous' and the fronts need to be 30% or below to be classed as such. So in the unlikely event I ever got pulled over, I'd merely receive a discretionary warning. But with 50% it's highly unlikely I'd ever get stopped by police. As regards to accident don't worry the tints till be off soon before claims handler comes and I'm wicker driver anyway crashing is unlikely lool.

Trust me youll get a fine ive got 50% first pull first machine light test first fine no warning its illegal pure and simple

One thing that always confuses me is when different people/companies use the percentages in the opposite way. I have always been told your allowed to have a least 70% light being shown, so 30% being blocked. This is legal isn't it.

also the factory tint is 5%isn't it

Sam

Back