Film Idea

Currently reading:
Film Idea

What idea do you like?

• Total voters

Kier

Prominent member
I've got a couple of film ideas for my college course (I'm doing media studies btw). Both are similar, and both are based on The Brighton Trunk Murders 1934.

The first idea, is pretty much the same, body parts are found at a train station (I'm not sure if I want to use a old looking station, or a modern looking station at the moment), in the lost luggage department, and no one notices it, until the smell starts to get really bad.

And we then follow the police trying to work out whats happened, or maybe, build it up somehow, until they open the case to find the body parts in there.

My second idea, is similar to the first, but a walker is walking around the countryside on his own, with a rucksack on. A couple walking past notice that there is some kind of liquid leaking from the bag, and when they get closer they notice that its blood. But only once they've spoken to the person about seeing the liquid leaking out. Once they see the blood, the person trys to kill them both.

I was going to work on the script now, but seeing as I'm not 100% sure on what I want to do yet, I dont want to do both. The film is going to be between 8 and 10 minutes long as well.

I have an idea on what one I would like to do, but dont want to say at the moment incase it sways anyones mind.

Last edited:
^agreed
The first idea sounds much more origonal and atmospheric, idea 2 (no offence) sounds a little too much like your standard slasher flick

I took Media Studies, and I can tell you now for a fact that fake blood + forests = fail. The first idea sounds a lot better mate!

Thanks for the replies :)

I've had a few people say the option 2 is their favourite (I've been asking on pretty much every forum I go to :LOL:).

I thought that my second idea was better personally, but that might be because I did a story board for a unit of work last year, and I choice the first idea, and it didn't really go how I wanted it to, but I did leave it until the last couple of days to do it. I also cant see how I'm going to get permission to film at the train station that I want to (Swanage at the moment).

We dont have to film this idea, we're currently doing one unit in Writing for the screen, were we can write any script we like, out in space if we really wanted to. However, later in the year in Video Production, we make our own films, and if we like we can use the same script that we did in this current unit. Just to save some work.

I might do one now, see what my tutor thinks, and if he thinks its any good, go for that, if not go for the other option.

Part of me really wants to film in the countryside at the moment lol :LOL:

Back