Fiat500 central locking issue

Currently reading:
Fiat500 central locking issue

MotoSapiens

Hi everyone,

Need the help of any experienced in Fiat BSM units.

The problem is that the central locking does not work from the key fob. The BSM opens and closes the doors with the inside handles and turning the key in the driver`s door`s keyhole, but it doesn`t do anything pushing the buttons of the fob. The remote control fob is correctly programmed, with the Multiecuscan I can see that the BSM recognize pushing all the buttons of the knob and I can open and close all doors from the laptop.
So, if I understand right the problem is inside the BSM, but I would like to get confirmation of any professional.

Thanks.

I'd be getting a auto locksmith to check the signal is being broadcast by the remote before looking in a body computer fault

I`m pretty sure that BSM recieves the signal from remote. Seeing live datastream from the BSM it changes the status of the buttons "pressed/released" when you push the buttons.
So, it seems that the BSM recieves the signal but does not actuate the door`s locks.

This morning my local Fiat dealer spent one hour and half trying to fix it but no luck. They also confirm that the remote is ok

Back