General fiat punto mk1 1.2 rain problems (it doesnt like it!!!)

Currently reading:
General fiat punto mk1 1.2 rain problems (it doesnt like it!!!)

scottydog

Hi, i have a problem with my fiat and cannot work out what is wrong , so can anyone HELP!!!! . My fiat runs fine in the dry but as soon as it rains it starts to judder, you put your foot on the accelerator and it struggles to go up the rev range, when you go along the more you put your foot on the accelerator it slows down WHY?? also if its raining and you pull up to the traffic lights it konks out. any ideas would be great. THANKS

Perhaps there is something in your engine that is getting wet and 'slipping' or 'grinding' so to speak.

Im not that technically minded though so wouldnt really know im afraid. Hope you get it sorted out :(.

Hi, i have a problem with my fiat and cannot work out what is wrong , so can anyone HELP!!!! . My fiat runs fine in the dry but as soon as it rains it starts to judder, you put your foot on the accelerator and it struggles to go up the rev range, when you go along the more you put your foot on the accelerator it slows down WHY?? also if its raining and you pull up to the traffic lights it konks out. any ideas would be great. THANKS

Do you have an induction kit on .. like a k&n cone??

Have you got a K&N. Is the air filter coverd? Is it in its box. If not it may be sucking in slight moisture some how.

thanks for all your sugestions the car is bog standard no k&n no nothing!!!

Back