Technical Fiat Punto HGT (1.8 VFD) - Rough revs / can't rev up beyond 5k RPM...can't do it anymore :(

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto HGT (1.8 VFD) - Rough revs / can't rev up beyond 5k RPM...can't do it anymore :(

mishview

Hello guys,

As the title suggests... it's been a month and I can't figure it out... Why does my HGT revs poorly, can't go beyond 5k rpm and cuts power all the time... it's NON-drivable anymore.... No errors on dash, no errors via OBD.... MAF is working, sensor behind the engine block is changed... ( I guess the name is crankshaft/rpm sensor). throttle body is cleaned to perfection. coils works fine, new spark plugs.. lambas are ok as well....fuel pump is good...... any suggestions... I will record a video upload it on YT so everyone can see and hear the issues. I'm also wondering what are the MAF default reading numbers, as well as lamba as well.... and injection timing...

INFO: Hitachi ECU. I could also send you screenshots of the live data of any component while the car is running from my OBD reader :)
Thanks,

Attachments

• 1EFFC8B5-5642-44C4-863E-1AF5061DBE55.JPG
    1EFFC8B5-5642-44C4-863E-1AF5061DBE55.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 328
Hi mishview,

I've had same issue some years ago but with a Punto Mk1. The issue was related with the fuel pressure (too low).
According the AutoData you should have 3.5 bar.
I think there is no any sensor to read fuel pressure so you can't read this parameter with the OBD

Hope it helps
Joao

Hi mishview,

I've had same issue some years ago but with a Punto Mk1. The issue was related with the fuel pressure (too low).
According the AutoData you should have 3.5 bar.
I think there is no any sensor to read fuel pressure so you can't read this parameter with the OBD

Hope it helps
Joao
I have a brand new fuel pomp ( in the tank) which is blasting fuel like craz… no i can’t imagine the pressure will be low 😬😅

Electronic throttle pedal problem? You should be able to read the throttle pedal position and the throttle body position in MES and see if the pedal will not give full throttle. Also see if the throttle body is opening fully.

Other possible problems are some sort of blockage in the air intake. I am not sure if the variator would give an error code but this is also a well known issue on the HGT engine

It's fixed.... Bad injectors + old fuel in the tank... Tank cleaned, injectors changed ( this version ) ... And the car is again working perfectly !

1693928419321.png

Back