Technical Fiat Punto Grande 2008

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Grande 2008

Graham7

FIAT Punto Grande 2008. My daughter was driving her Punto and the immobiliser light came on. Nothing happened to the car, she drove the short distance home and turned the car off. The car has not started since and the immobiliser light is on. I towed the car home and paid a company to diagnose the problem. The chap told me that the issue was the EPS (electronic power steering) a common fault with Punto's. I got a replacement (reconditioned) EPS and fitted it my self. I then tried to start the car and the immobiliser warning light is still on. Could the issue have been with the ECU or BCM rather than the EPS?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FIAT Punto Grande 2008. My daughter was driving her Punto and the immobiliser light came on. Nothing happened to the car, she drove the short distance home and turned the car off. The car has not started since and the immobiliser light is on. I towed the car home and paid a company to diagnose the problem. The chap told me that the issue was the EPS (electronic power steering) a common fault with Punto's. I got a replacement (reconditioned) EPS and fitted it my self. I then tried to start the car and the immobiliser warning light is still on. Could the issue have been with the ECU or BCM rather than the EPS?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you go back to the diagnostic guy re his advise and did he give you a printout with the error codes written on it?
I would start with a good diagnostic test before going any further, possibly MES then there are many on Forum who use that tool and will be able to give you guidance.

FIAT Punto Grande 2008. My daughter was driving her Punto and the immobiliser light came on. Nothing happened to the car, she drove the short distance home and turned the car off. The car has not started since and the immobiliser light is on.

Could the issue have been with the ECU or BCM rather than the EPS?. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi :)

So it is the same with both keys?

Any other warning lights showing?

A few regular grande niggles worth checking.. see the Yellow info at top of GP section on here

Random Electrical Thread ;)

Back