General Fiat Punto GBT 2012 - Feedback S#!%T

Currently reading:
General Fiat Punto GBT 2012 - Feedback S#!%T

ricard0

Though I share my experience with my beloved Punto with ya'll...

I was in the market for a sporty-ish car with some warranty and cheap to run to get to and back from work back in October last year, went to see some fiestas, clio's and even some corsas. I decided to go for the punto for a few reasons,it had the most toys (cruise control, reverse parking sensors, bluetooth, etc...) for the money, and the MPG figures weren't too bad either, it isn't the fastest hatchback out there but I wasn't going to get anywhere fast in Edinburgh at 7 in the morning.

Since I had the car ~ from new ~ I been at the garage 4 times so far for the following "manufacture issues" ~ quoted.

Disk breaks recall ~ Apparently they messed up with the breaks while building the car so I had to waste an hour and a half for them to fix it.

Blue&Me not working ~ While having an iPhone connected to it, it might decide to stop working all together and wont play music trough the USB port, after going to the garage twice I found that the blue and me is just crap and i have to turn the Bluetooth OFF on my phone for it to work properly (after trial and error at home) after the garage being completely clueless at how blue&me actually works.

Lost power from the engine ~ The fuel injectors packed in and had to get them replaced, this being on a new car less than 6 months old, took it to Arnold Clark Dunfermline and they said they will fix it for free (Warranty ?) but that I won't get a courtesy car because they don't have any available (Arnold Clark doesn't have any courtesy cars? but all staff have company cars!!? WTF! ) after arguing with the "supervisor" I went to speak directly with the boss which agreed to a courtesy car but I had to make my way to Glenrothes that's about 30 miles away, fine I needed the car and had enough hassle for a day couldn't even make it to work that day. Got the car back 5 days later filthy and I mean grease marks everywhere and dirt all over the place and with no petrol (I had half a tank left when I handed it in) and I think by now you get a picture of how **** the customer service is.

At this stage I'm fuming with FIAT and Arnold Clark so I went back to get a copy of the work carried out and turns out that they didn't just replaced the "faulty fuel injectors" but also a burst fuel pipes, fuel filter, broken air intake + air filter and bunch of other stuff that to my opinion shouldn't need to be replaced on a car that's been on the road for less than 6 months.

So my question to you all is that is it just me or has anyone else had the same problems? I am really reconsidering buying another punto and its a shame because I was really starting to like the Abarth version of the punto :(

Seems like an unfortunate situation to me. I have an evo and had mine on 3 times within the first 1200 miles mate so I think you've had it light.

Re the fuel I had the same issue with my dealership, I went through fiat and they sorted it for me.

Courtesy car? What's that? I had to hire from enterprise because the dealership wouldn't cover me. Fortunately the second time my dad kicked off and got them to put me on the company insurance. I was only 20 at this point so general insurance wouldn't cover me.

Generally I think you've just had a bit of poor luck, all I would say is at least you haven't paid for any repaires!!

We're on our third GP. The first was an 06 1.4 Dynamic, second was an 08 T-jet:worship::worship: and now a 12 1.4 Easy.

We have never had any bother with any of them (so far:rolleyes:) and wouldn't hesitate in buying another. They are a great step forward for Fiat over previous models, as far as I'm concerned.

The only problem I have is the dealer network. There seems to be an awful lot of discontent with a number of dealers; AC and Stoneacre to name but two.

Once mine is out of warranty it will fall into my own hands for servicing and repairs.

I don't think I'll bother keeping it much longer, I might had the unlucky one but it is just a liability I am not prepare to keep up outside the warranty, and as far as Arnold Clark Dunfermline is concern I will never go back there, I'm 22 and they treated me like a little boy completely disregarding everything I said when I was asking for a courtesy car, If it wasn't because my step dad came in and kicked off at the manager I probably would of had to walk home that night.

I don't think I'll bother keeping it much longer, I might had the unlucky one but it is just a liability I am not prepare to keep up outside the warranty, and as far as Arnold Clark Dunfermline is concern I will never go back there, I'm 22 and they treated me like a little boy completely disregarding everything I said when I was asking for a courtesy car, If it wasn't because my step dad came in and kicked off at the manager I probably would of had to walk home that night.

Reminds me of the stone acre branch in Goole...

got to talking prices and the chap started talking to my dad... err hello im 28 (or was at the time) lets just say i ended up walking out.....

The same worksop franchise did the same to my sister the other year.. too...

The stoneacre in Doncaster that I used were great :) taking my car for its first service there next Saturday, just hope they don't look at me and think 'stupid girl' and try and take me for a ride because ill be by myself

The stoneacre in Doncaster that I used were great :) taking my car for its first service there next Saturday, just hope they don't look at me and think 'stupid girl' and try and take me for a ride because ill be by myself

Im afraid their service department are a bunch of :tosser:

They tried to do me for a pair of tyres even thought they had way more than 1.6mm of tread...

tried charging me for stripping and cleaning the brakes.even though the issue was raised whilst under warranty and within the low mileage restriction attributed to braking parts...

OH and the £2.50 for screen wash... the bloody bottle was full when i took it in

Im afraid their service department are a bunch of :tosser:

They tried to do me for a pair of tyres even thought they had way more than 1.6mm of tread...

tried charging me for stripping and cleaning the brakes.even though the issue was raised whilst under warranty and within the low mileage restriction attributed to braking parts...

OH and the £2.50 for screen wash... the bloody bottle was full when i took it in

Great :(

Back