Grande Punto Fiat Punto (199) Battery Replacement

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Fiat Punto (199) Battery Replacement

panosmir

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum! I have a question. I want to charge my battery. The shop told me that they will charge the battery overnight. I know that Blue and Me are vulnerable to battery issues so my question is:

Should I disconnect the Blue and Me system entirely before taking the car to the shop for battery recharge? Or it will be if the took the battery completely of the car and charge it with the Blue and Me connected to the car?

Thank you very much.

The car will be fine charging with Blue&Me enabled. Modern cars are made with dumb proofing measures, so charging or even jump starting the car with the Blue&Me connected will be fine.
Actually I was worried about the Blue&Me module as they are very sensitive and fragile when it comes to battery! But I ending up changing the battery as it was time! Thanks!

The car will be fine charging with Blue&Me enabled. Modern cars are made with dumb proofing measures, so charging or even jump starting the car with the Blue&Me connected will be fine.
Hi,
Vehicles fitted with battery monitoring
systems with a sensor in/ near a battery connection can be damaged by jump starting using the wrong connection points.
Regards
Jack

I definitely screwed my BlueMe up charging the battery but it was a start/stop and I justed hooked straight across terminals direct.........I ended up with a flashing cluster mileage and total loss of BlueMe even the power to the 68R.......thankfully left disconnected waited for new battery to arrive next day so disconnected overnight fitted a new battery and it all came back. Invested in the special CTEC stop/start conditioner and keep that attached over periods of inactivity now.

BYE

Back