Technical Fiat Panda Pop 1.2 2013 Flashing Milage

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda Pop 1.2 2013 Flashing Milage

Gparsfan

Good Afternoon everyone!

In the past my first car was an Active Eco 1.1, I had it for eight years and I got to know it pretty well.

Recently when it came to buying a new Car for a short commute to work I knew I wanted a Fiat Panda and I managed to get a 1.2, 13 plate Pop for a good price. Car drives even better than the Ol active Eco 1.1 and I didn't notice much wrong with it outwith a flashing odo meter.

I've had a look through the forum and the blue and me* seems to be the main thing that comes up along with an aftermarket radio.
20240506_135737.jpg

Now sadly the car hasn't came with the handbook so I've attached an image above, it's a RHD and as far as I can tell that's the radio that came with the car, as well as that I can't see or find any option to try and connect to the car with Bluetooth (on videos I seen online people had buttons on there steering wheel?) with that in mind will I still have the blue and me module? If so could someone explain
1)Where it is
2)What it does
3)How can I determine if it is infact, goosed?

I've tried removing the earth for half an hour but sadly that didn't work.

If someone also has a recommendation for a good aftermarket radio that fits in with the Cars can bus, that would also be swell! Thank you.

It sounds like the Blue tooth module....not sure where it is in the Panda, but if left it could run down your battery.
It needs removing and sending off to get fixed.
There is one company that does that for about £100 , but there could be others....Look up Paul @love 500 he is a great guy to deal with.

It sounds like the Blue tooth module....not sure where it is in the Panda, but if left it could run down your battery.
It needs removing and sending off to get fixed.
There is one company that does that for about £100 , but there could be others....Look up Paul @love 500 he is a great guy to deal with.
I've had a good look around and I don't think I have the Bluetooth module, those that do seem to mention having a USB port and I don't have one of those either. Hmmm.

I've had a good look around and I don't think I have the Bluetooth module, those that do seem to mention having a USB port and I don't have one of those either. Hmmm.
So do you actually have the "flashing mileage" (odometer)? If so then my experience is that this is the CanBus indicator for a failed Blue&Me (B&M) module. The B&M module is under the driver's seat (RHD) behind some plastic covers and, as suggested above, needs to be disconnected to remove a potential parasitic battery drain. All that being said I am not sure your model has B&M (and hence bluetooth) others on here will know better than me! I believe B&M comes with the USB plug down near the handbrake, so you should have spotted it by now?? I notice the radio has a "media" button, what does it show when this is pressed?? Is there a USB in the glove box??

So do you actually have the "flashing mileage" (odometer)? If so then my experience is that this is the CanBus indicator for a failed Blue&Me (B&M) module. The B&M module is under the driver's seat (RHD) behind some plastic covers and, as suggested above, needs to be disconnected to remove a potential parasitic battery drain. All that being said I am not sure your model has B&M (and hence bluetooth) others on here will know better than me! I believe B&M comes with the USB plug down near the handbrake, so you should have spotted it by now?? I notice the radio has a "media" button, what does it show when this is pressed?? Is there a USB in the glove box??
Hi there mate cheers foe the reply!
I had a look under that box yesterday while trying to scour the car for this box and sadly underneath there isn't a B&M box.
20240506_192411.jpg

I've had a right good look around and can't find the USB/Aux port so I don't think I have it, however my milage is definitely flashing.

Surely all Blue&Me equipped cars have to have buttons on the steering wheel? I can't see how this car has it fitted.

I would have thought something else is going on here and the OP needs to see if MES shows what might be causing the flashing odometer.

I've ordered MES to see what it says. A head scratcher!

It may be that a module on the CAN bus has been changed at some point in the past but a proxi align has not been carried out successfully. Anything attached to the bus that is not recognised will be seen as a canbus error and cause the flashing odometer. You need to do a proxi align and see what the result is. You will need the full version of MES to do this.

I am still trying to get to the bottom of flashing Odometer. Have used MES to turn off, had unit repaired, but still have issue on recommissioning. I also have issue flagged with IBS and fortunately no battery drain. Issues with the "Blue &Me" unit are normally from water or old age ( know poor reliability ). The later can be induced by overvoltage or power fluctuation. So worth check engine earth strap ( poor power regulation, HF issues) and fuses ( no power= no comms), potentially also issues with Alternator ( that output is smoothed) or even the battery. If you can live without the GPS, hands Free and other function, then abandoning it is a viable solution?

It may be that a module on the CAN bus has been changed at some point in the past but a proxi align has not been carried out successfully. Anything attached to the bus that is not recognised will be seen as a canbus error and cause the flashing odometer. You need to do a proxi align and see what the result is. You will need the full version of MES to do this.
Got the full version of MES, Airbog nod wasn't talking, ran a proxi alignment and hey presto, no more flashing Odometer.

Thank you to everyone for your help!

Now to just get aux...

@Gparsfan getting back to the lack of B&M and therefore bluetooth. If you wanted to stay with the current head unit my solution was to get one of these https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/multimedia-adapter the one I purchased was OEM part number 50926305 on eBay and significantly cheaper than the one in this link (old stock at a FIAT main agent I think). It plugged into the the back of the head unit and didn't need any proxi alignment shenanigans. I did go back to a B&M unit in the end but still don't use the Bluetooth! I would pull out the current head unit to make sure there is a socket for it first...

@Gparsfan getting back to the lack of B&M and therefore bluetooth. If you wanted to stay with the current head unit my solution was to get one of these https://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/multimedia-adapter the one I purchased was OEM part number 50926305 on eBay and significantly cheaper than the one in this link (old stock at a FIAT main agent I think). It plugged into the the back of the head unit and didn't need any proxi alignment shenanigans. I did go back to a B&M unit in the end but still don't use the Bluetooth! I would pull out the current head unit to make sure there is a socket for it first...
If you don’t use Blue and Me , why go back?

Back