Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda 4x4 diesel 75 hp

Dear all,

I hope you are well.

I was wondering what is that thing in the pictures. ?

Just under the car front side.

Thanks a lot as usual.

Attachments

• 20240101_154028.jpg
    20240101_154028.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • 20240101_154058.jpg
    20240101_154058.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
Dog bone with a split rubber(?) do you get a bit of a clunk on hard acceleration??

And a dodgy looking tie wrap repair ;) Holding up the skid plate because someone broke the rusted 10mm bolt perhaps?

View attachment 435529
Sorry, more in keeping with the spirit of this forum; if the stabiliser rubber is split best to get it repaired as soon as since you'll go through the exhaust flexible in pretty short time.

If that is the skid plate secured by the cable tie then more accurately its a 10mm a/f M6 bolt. Replace the lot with stainless M6 hex heads and stainless penny washers both available from Screwfix. I think 30mm long did it for me! Happy New Year!

I don’t think that is split. It’s a rear mount, designed to take some flexing as the engine/gearbox twist under acceleration and deceleration. Here’s a photo of a brand new version of the similar unit from the old 169 Panda - you can see how it’s designed to flex. Otherwise it could just use a solid bar…

Attachments

• IMG_5722.jpeg
    IMG_5722.jpeg
    203.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5723.jpeg
    IMG_5723.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 23
I don’t think that is split. It’s a rear mount, designed to take some flexing as the engine/gearbox twist under acceleration and deceleration. Here’s a photo of a brand new version of the similar unit from the old 169 Panda - you can see how it’s designed to flex. Otherwise it could just use a solid bar…
I wouldn't disagree but the geometry for the older version is clearly different; just wonder why OP had their attention drawn to it in the first place? @kavinsanders87 ??

I wouldn't disagree but the geometry for the older version is clearly different; just wonder why OP had their attention drawn to it in the first place? @kavinsanders87 ??
Just had a look down since I just touched the plastic flap near the metal engine shield while driving. I was driving in the country side and the road was a little rough. We where in 4 people in the car. I'm addition I have to replace the springs l. That's why sometimes on 4/5 people I hit the plastic flap. The dump you see is bacuse I was driving on paddles and wet the bottom of the car was a little splashed . I just saw that and I was wondering... Is almost the same bone that old the read differential.

I think it is not broken. I had a multipoint check at fiat dealer and they check all. They game me a report.

The only things that are yellow warning are front suspension harms. They told me to check within the next MOT (next November)

And rear disk and pads 3/4 months life left.

I will replace the disk and pads first thing after holidays.

Thanks anyway.

Just had a look down since I just touched the plastic flap near the metal engine shield while driving. I was driving in the country side and the road was a little rough. We where in 4 people in the car. I'm addition I have to replace the springs l. That's why sometimes on 4/5 people I hit the plastic flap. The dump you see is bacuse I was driving on paddles and wet the bottom of the car was a little splashed . I just saw that and I was wondering... Is almost the same bone that old the read differential.

I think it is not broken. I had a multipoint check at fiat dealer and they check all. They game me a report.

The only things that are yellow warning are front suspension harms. They told me to check within the next MOT (next November)

And rear disk and pads 3/4 months life left.

I will replace the disk and pads first thing after holidays.

Thanks

Back