Technical fiat panda 2012 mk4.how to remove rear washer jet that has been pushed into the high level break light assembly.

Currently reading:
Technical fiat panda 2012 mk4.how to remove rear washer jet that has been pushed into the high level break light assembly.

Thank you for the suggestion, but honestly, the issue lies with the 'extra bits' that need to be rotated in place and forced through their respective gaps. The hole itself is wide enough to allow the nozzle head to pass through.
Yeah; I was meaning warm the whole of the light assembly which would reduce the force you have to apply to get the clips to engage by softening the clips themselves.

1700232747455.png

I did it!
After failing to rotate the tube into position due to the bulkiness of the smallest pliers I had at hand (see my earlier posts), yesterday I went to the local fishing shop and got the smallest (15cm) forceps they use to pinch barbs and remove hooks from fish mouths.

View media item 140639
Then, today, while it was raining - because I just could not wait any longer - I tried again. I am happy to say that I succeeded on the first attempt. Sorry, no video this time, just the money shot

View media item 140637
Here is a pro tip: do not be dumb like me—please use some duct tape to mask the working area before attempting the fix, especially if you are using pliers with rough edges. This will help you avoid damaging the surrounding paint (see my earlier posts).

View media item 140638
So anyway, there's no need to destroy your entire center light assembly and rip apart everything to get the washer nozzle out. All you need is:

- Nylon prying tool to remove the black plastic cover with the Panda logo
- The cheapest 5.5 mm(!!!) endoscope you can find with a side lens(!!!) (about $40 from China as of writing this). I recommend the 5.5 mm diameter version because moving the 7-8 mm or larger versions would be probably impossible given the tight clip/access holes. Also, the ones that connect to smartphones/tablets remotely are great, because you can place the screens anywhere while you are working on things.
- A piece of wire or large paperclip to move the tube in front of the clip/access hole where you can grab it (use the endoscope camera to find it if the nozzle is completely pushed in)
- A $5 forceps to rotate the nozzle in place and push it outside - you will have to grab the tube itself and use the forceps as a lever moving your hand down while pushing the tube upwards at the same time. Use your other hand on the forceps to add some extra force from below - if necessary. The clips on the side of the nozzle will lock in place once through the small side walls.

Good Luck!

P.S. Here is the washer jet in all its glory
(After taking this photo, I sanded off the damage caused by my earlier fishing attempts with my wife's crochet hook. Used a small piece of 800 and 1000 sandpaper. Looks good now :))
View media item 140640

Last edited:
Back