Panda 2012+ Fiat panda 2012 headlights suddenly turn off

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Fiat panda 2012 headlights suddenly turn off

Laboss

Hello, I have a fiat panda 2012 (319). From the time I bought it(used), the headlights suddenly goes off, but the other lights stay on (day lights, foglights). The problem is common when I turn left or right with flash on, and rarely when I'm going straight. I've been told, the problem is on the body computer, so I changed it with no luck (when I changed the body computer, the problem was extremely rare... But it was there and I wanted to fix it) . Now I'm 99% sure that the problem is on the switch, but 1% tells me otherwise... Any thoughts?

There was a long running thread about this in june:july 2020..
But nobody seemed to really understand a guaranteed fix

The stalk is relatively cheap and simple at least :)
Can you please link here the thread?

Also, what do you mean? The stalk... Sorry my English aren't good...

https://www.vehicle-recall.co.uk/recall/R/2015/229

Reason for recall
In some circumstances the headlights can switch off without warning which will increase the risk of an accident.

Remedy
Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and update the Body Computer with new improved software.
When they changed the body computer in the local FIAT Dealership, they updated it too and the problem remained. I forgot to mention that when I give the lever a little tap when the lights are off, they open... So there is that.... That's why I'm 99% sure the problem is on the switch...

In December 2015 (before that recall was announced) my Panda was suffering from the headlights staying on when turned off. I replaced the stalk assembly and that alone cured the problem. Looking at this forum, other people have had problems with the stalk assembly too. This suggests that it is quite possible that OP's fault is caused by the stalk assembly. I did not have to do any 'proxy alignment' of the new stalk.

Photo of stalk assembly, for clarity on what I replaced:
DSCF1162.JPG

In December 2015 (before that recall was announced) my Panda was suffering from the headlights staying on when turned off. I replaced the stalk assembly and that alone cured the problem. Looking at this forum, other people have had problems with the stalk assembly too. This suggests that it is quite possible that OP's fault is caused by the stalk assembly. I did not have to do any 'proxy alignment' of the new stalk.

Photo of stalk assembly, for clarity on what I replaced:
View attachment 404146
Replacement of the "stalk" switches is relatively straight forward once you have worked out the tricky spring clips on the airbag assembly. I had to replace my switches etc since the "clockspring" was returning an error that turned the airbag light on when going from lock-to-lock. I was able to order a replacement from shop 4 parts in the UK but this may not help the OP.

No alignment required with Body Computer as stated elsewhere above.

Back