Technical Fiat Marea 2001. JTD110 Alarm problem

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Marea 2001. JTD110 Alarm problem

crveni baron

Hi!
I have a problem with my key after changing battery.
I have original blue Fiat remote key. After changing a battery I have a problem. After I unlock the car the red light in console is on until I take the contact. If I do the same thing with another original key with original battery, after unlocking the light is off.

Has anibody an idea?

Thank You

So does the alarm go off and starts yelling?

If yes:
The alarm forgot the key, but the remote locking sill works?
That's not supposed to happen.
I do not understand the "until I take the contact" part.

If you have the code tag (4 numbers separated by dots, comes with the original keys) you can reprogram or add new keys to the alarm.

Or option 2, which is to disable the alarm, remote locking still works, but it wont blink indicators on lock/unlock.

One option is to diconnect battery from car for couple minutes and see if it helps anything, worth a shot. Worst case is the remote locking wont work for that one key, but it is going to happen sooner or later anyway.

I tried everything but nothing is helping. Allways the same. I click the key, car opens. Alatm is not making any sound. Red light is on. I take the key in the contact lock and give the contact and red light goes of

Contact lock = ignition lock?

If it works, I'd worry about it only after it rally starts breaking down.

If you have the manual for the car, try reading if it has anything about the light on centre console.
I only remember it blinking, but that was long time ago as I disabled the alarm.

Back