General Fiat Grande Punto 2008 rear left door not locking with central locking system

Currently reading:
General Fiat Grande Punto 2008 rear left door not locking with central locking system

zaxatron

Hi everyone,

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 2008 model and recently when I use the central locking system with the key remote, it locks all doors except for the rear left door.

The rear left door can be opened even though all the other doors are locked.

I noticed that if I put my ear over the lock of the rear left door, I can't hear the solenoid locking the door.

I was able to fix the problem temporarily by unplugging the big electrical connector (for 30 seconds) located between the front and rear door. See attached image.

The locking system works fine on all doors for about 2 weeks, then the problem comes back. Every time I fix it by unplugging the same connector for 30 seconds.

I also unplugged the battery hoping for a system reset, but it doesn't stop the issue from happening.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks and regards

Zaxa

I have a fiat
20220810_142655_result.jpg

Hi everyone,

I have a Fiat Grande Punto 2008 model and recently when I use the central locking system with the key remote, it locks all doors except for the rear left door.

I noticed that if I put my ear over the lock of the rear left door, I can't hear the solenoid locking the door.

I was able to fix the problem temporarily by unplugging the big electrical connector (for 30 seconds) located between the front and rear door. See attached image.

The locking system works fine on all doors for about 2 weeks, then the problem comes back. Every time I fix it by unplugging the same connector for 30 seconds.

I also unplugged the battery hoping for a system reset, but it doesn't stop the issue from happening.

Thanks and regards

Zaxa

I have a fiat View attachment 410604
You have done what I would listening for the solenoid.
So possibly break in the wiring, can you "close" the catch with the door open then try and operate central locking and maybe waggle the wiring.
Don't forget to release the "closed" catch before slamming door;)

Hi everyone,

Thanks and regards

Zaxa

I have a fiat View attachment 410604
How do you unplug this blue adapter? I have one door that doesn’t lock ? thanks

How do you unplug this blue adapter? I have one door that doesn’t lock ? thanks
Not one I have done before though I would try to squeeze together to release where pins engage in holes in side and try lifting upwards from right hand side of photo.
Only try gently as I am guessing.;)

Did you find the fix for this, I have the same issue.No noise when you lock the door, I have taken the door card off and pulled out the Blue plug , but nothing

Back