General Fiat Fiorino (2012 model) - installing a stereo

Currently reading:
General Fiat Fiorino (2012 model) - installing a stereo

LeeMalta

Hi Ppl,

A few weeks ago i purchased a Fiat Fiorino van and when ordering the van i decided not to go for the factory stereo since the local Fiat agent was charging 420 euro for a basic model!

I just purchased a standard stereo from an electronics store and was planning to install it next weekend. Has anyone out there dismantled the dashboard since i do not want to ruin it?

Hi.
I've had my dash apart and it's as simple as peas............
Remove factory head unit by inserting removal tool into the two holes on the left and right.
Pull the unit out,its a little tight but don't be worried.
Get some one to hold the unit while you disconnect the various plugs,if you try on your own you may scratch your dash panel,i've put the gear leaver in 3rd gear and put a cloth between the stereo and the dash and use the gear lever to rest the stereo on
facier kits are available for the fiorino so that you can fit after market stereos
you will need to adapt the wiring as the factory stereos are controlled by the cambus, meaning there is no switched live supply, if you plug the iso plugs into the new stereo it won't work,most people use the feed taken from the cigarette lighter supply .
Get back to me if you need more info.
Luigi

Hi 2668GRIFFIN,

Thanks for your response.

In place of the stereo there is currently a small compartment. Have you any idea how to remove this? I tried pulling it out but it must be clipped/screwed in! Im not sure if you have to dismantle any other parts to get this out! Any idea?

As far as i'm aware it just pulls out.
use plastic leavers to pry it free
AS A MATTER OF INTEREST,THIS HAS TO BE REMOVED FIRST BEFORE THE TOP DASH STORAGE TRAY OR HEATER PANEL CAN B REMOVED.
LUIGI

Last edited:
Hi 2668GRIFFIN, sorry to revive an old thread. But could you be a bit more specific on what to do to get power from the cigarette lighter?
I am trying to replace the factory unit in a Qubo.
Thanks

Thanks for replying mate. So.. fiddle with the 12v socket until it pops out, connect a wire to the back of it and run it up to the head unit while trying to keep it neatly tucked away. Seems like a serious endeavour, but I will give it a go as soon as the single DIN facia replacement arrives. Removing the factory installed stereo should be fairly easy, right?

I didn't do anything with my cigarette lighter power to install my head unit. It was a long time ago now though so can't remember clearly what I did, but believe that I just reversed the yellow and red power cables.

I didn't do anything with my cigarette lighter power to install my head unit. It was a long time ago now though so can't remember clearly what I did, but believe that I just reversed the yellow and red power cables.
These are cam bus controlled,and there is no switched live in the hu harness,hence loads of people with canbus controlled cars have to do this mod to ''boot up'' there after market hu's.
LUIGI

The fag lighter panel prises out, and then connect a wire to the live wire on the fag lighter and run it up to the head unit, then that will give you a switched live that your new head unit requires.
LUIGI

This may sound like a silly question but where does the cig-lighter go? I only have a Blue & Me USB port and the power socket below it (under the handbrake). I wonder if the loom is different when there is no cig-lighter specced at the time of ordering..otherwise I'll have a (potentially) useful live available. I've also heard of the swap over of the two leads in the HU supply.

I have made the radio go on and off with the ignition now after making the right order of switching with a menu function (Radio menu this time if I remember right) but it's really annoying not to have an "ACC" setting on the ignition where the radio remains on (and windows until you open a door) after you've parked up to eat lunch etc.

The clock is quite innaccurate - mine's now about 2 minutes fast and setting it in the menu is a real bind. I haven't found if you can set it to the pips by doing the last press at the point of pippage for minutes or if it zeros the seconds when you (eventually) find the Menu Exit setting.
Always seems odd to me (with wris****ches too) that the maker can tell you how many oscillations per second the quartz crystal resonates at yet the things gain and lose seconds a week whilst claiming 'Quartz Accuracy' :rolleyes:

R-V-M

I've also fitted a power socket in the back as well.
LUIGI

Is your power socket wired via the ignition switch Luigi?

I need to fit one that's permanently live. It can go anywhere but I sit in the pax seat as my office and need a supply for laptop and printer (via 12/230V inverter). Where's best place to connect? :confused:

Is your power socket wired via the ignition switch Luigi?

I need to fit one that's permanently live. It can go anywhere but I sit in the pax seat as my office and need a supply for laptop and printer (via 12/230V inverter). Where's best place to connect? :confused:

Annoyingly yes.
i used to have the ignition on to give it a vac(n)
But i have one in the year now and i use that instead as i've wired that to the battery(y)
LUIGI

The fag lighter panel prises out, and then connect a wire to the live wire on the fag lighter and run it up to the head unit, then that will give you a switched live that your new head unit requires.
LUIGI

Which hole do I connect the live wire from the fag light?

Sorry not to be clear. I have installed a cable from the live of my lighter to behind the stereo but don't know where I should wire it to.

Back