Technical Fiorino 1.4 Petrol - Gear change issues

Currently reading:
Technical Fiorino 1.4 Petrol - Gear change issues

Ripley13

Hi everyone, I have a 2019 Fiorino 1.4. I bought it 2 years ago with 52000 km on the clock. For the past 3 months I have experienced some difficulties with the gears. This only happens when the engine is hot. Reverse gear grinds hectically, I battle especially with 4th and 5th gear to engage. I have removed the mat to try and get a little bit more travel. To be honest my clutch pedal is very low - come to think of it, the pedal was low when I bought it. Low as in maybe 70mm from the floor board. Only way i cope is to double clutch for gears and to engage reverse, I switch of, engage the gear and start again. When I start the van, I can feel it pushing against the clutch. The van is now at 102400 km on the clock.

My question - would bleeding the clutch work to give me more of a pedal travel or do I need to to replace clutch and pressure plate with release bearing?

Thank you

I've more or less the same van which is Citreon Nemo 1.4 diesel and I had the same issues it was basically the cables that had come apart or similar the garage eventually sorted it after about three goes.

I'm going back maybe five years but it cost me £350 back then, pretty sure they replaced cables.

Back