Technical Fiat Fiorino 1.3 MultiJet Clutch replacement help

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Fiorino 1.3 MultiJet Clutch replacement help

Garwood

Hello everyone. Right, clutch bearing noisy so bought new three piece kit. Has anyone out there done a clutch replacement on their Fiorino or similar. I’m a pretty capable DIY mechanic but need any advise on procedure or anything to look out for. Thanks in advance.

I did the clutch on my 1.3 multijet punto, same engine and gearbox.

The biggest pain in the backside is how little space you have to work, there is a lot crammed in a small area.

Start by taking the battery and battery tray out then unbolt the prop shafts. be careful with the drivers side (red) as there is a short drive shaft extension, you need to remove this from the gear box and get it back in without damaging the seals (far easier said than done)

Cheers Guys. Good responses. One further question my Fiorino is a 2010 75hp one. Do you know if it has a duel mass flywheel??

I have the 2012 and its not got dual mass so i dont think you will have either , the only bits i got stuck on was the drivers drive shaft mentioned above , it took 2 of us to get the box back in its tight , the other thing that got me scratching my head was the starter motor , it bolts from both sides

Thanks Rich. Decided to book it with my local mechanic. Bought decent 3 piece clutch kit and a new slave cylinder, both for £120 and garage labour £250 inc VAT.

Hi Luigi. Thanks for the reply. Yep also got a couple of litres of gearbox oil ready. One thing worth mentioning is that the slave cylinder isn’t in the bell housing but sits on the top of the gearbox under the battery tray. Still changing it anyway. Cheers.

Mines the 75hp version on a 60 plate pre DPF model. So no DMF and the slave positioned on top of the gearbox under the battery tray. I agree the 95 hp has a concentric slave in the bell housing. All very confusing?

Oh well. Will find out tomorrow when he calls and says I supplied the wrong slave cylinder type? fingers crossed it’s just Fiat changed the position from an 08 model to later ones. Keep you posted. In the end this forum post might help others in the future. Cheers all.

Back