Fiat Doblo 2009 immobiliser problem

Currently reading:
Fiat Doblo 2009 immobiliser problem

Rev03

Hi can anyone help me I have a problem with my van, the Immobiliser light flashes three times then stays on and engine turns over but won’t start. The engine management light doesn’t show up and the diesel glow plug light does not show up either. I also have codes reading B1029 & U1602.

Thanks

Last edited:
It’s a ex-BT fleet vehicle then 120,000 miles full service history it was working fine I parked it in the garage for a week went to start it and the Immobilser light was flashing then stayed on permanently. So I had a auto locksmith to come and reprogramme the key as that’s what I thought it was he said there was no problem with communication with the key but the body control module was not communicating with the ecu correctly.

I don’t think it is the battery as it’s fully charged and the engine turned over perfectly well I’ve hopefully got somebody today coming to look at the electrics on it thanks for your reply

I'm with varesescary on this one in thinking possible battery issue.

What is battery voltage while engine turning over on starter motor?

Something else you can try is disconnecting the battery for half an hour, reconnecting battery and try start.
Makes sure keys in your pocket when disconnecting / reconnecting battery.

Back