General Fiat dealers and the airbag modified loom

Currently reading:
General Fiat dealers and the airbag modified loom

So my Punto has had the airbag warning lights on for a while now and I have just been paid so now seems like a good time to get it fixed!

I have plugged it into Multi ECU Scan and done some research on the forum and found that it needs the modified loom, but I have a few questions:

1. If I ring the dealer and tell them I need the modified loom, will they know what I mean or is it likely to be someone who has not heard of it before?

2. Will I be able to just get the modified loom fitted, and none of the diagnostics beforehand if I tell them I have already done all that? I just want the loom fitted and nothing else.

3. What sort of price am I looking at to get it fitted?

Don't know if it's relevant or not but my nearest dealer is SG Petch in York, so I will be going there.

Many thanks, Elliott. :)

It you phone them they should know what you're talking about part numbers are in my video here

No they won't fit it without doing their own diagnostics

And expect to pay about £100-150

Thanks Andy

I have already watched that video, and the other one about turning the light off, which I tried. But it came back on a few days later! Thanks for the videos they are a massive help for someone like me who had never used diagnostics tools before! (y)

And that's about the price I was expecting, seems a lot for a modification that probably costs about a fiver but I don't mind too much as it's for safety. :)

i thought the modified loom was for early mk2
you have 2b and the loom is already modified by fiat
why not post up what ecuscan says so we can all see it

Back