500X Fiat 500x Change 5" stereo to 6.5"

Currently reading:
500X Fiat 500x Change 5" stereo to 6.5"

Romirez

Hi, I have bought a 2016 500X Cross, this x has a 5" stereo with revering camera, satnav and bluetooth, is it possible to swap the 5" one for a 6.5"?

The head unit still plays MP3s fine. And its size is great. When reversing, the guide lines no longer show on screen. The album art sometimes does bot show at start-up. Get asked to select default media player every time car is started. Had to play with settings the reduce USB to version 1.1 otherwise thumb drives were not recognised, meaning songs are very slow to copy to internal hard drive. Can't adjust usual car settings eg flat tyre.

Hi, I bought a 6.5 uconnect from a crashed 500x, it fitted perfectly but threw up the following issues - mileage flashing, factory reversing camera didn't work and there was no settings available to switch it on and off, the unit keeps switching on and off.
So I've sent it back, I'm surprised that in a Fiat 500x cross it has the tiny 5.0 stereo, I am looking for an Android alternative however I need something that will be able to control the settings for the car.
Has anyone else had success with this. I also didn't want to have to go to the legs to get a proxy alignment done by a Fiat dealer.

Back