Technical Fiat 500L Relay Switch 40A/50A

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500L Relay Switch 40A/50A

RickyM

Good Day

Please can someone advise me here? The relay switch on a Fiat 500L that I need to replace is a 50A however all the suppliers Ive called only have stock on the 40A and the dealer tyhemselves have a waiting period of 21 days. Will it make a huge difference if I replace with a 40A relay?

Many Thanks

Good Day

Please can someone advise me here? The relay switch on a Fiat 500L that I need to replace is a 50A however all the suppliers Ive called only have stock on the 40A and the dealer tyhemselves have a waiting period of 21 days. Will it make a huge difference if I replace with a 40A relay?

Many Thanks
In the short term no. However longevity will be compromised.

I doubt the 500L will want to continously pull 50A. 50A surge probably. Even if it did pull 50A this is a 25% overload which I suspect any decent design engineer would have rated for.

I you need to get your vehicle running quickly then go with the 40A and order the 50A one to replace when it arrives.

To be on the safe side then if the relay is in a box with lid / cover then leave the lid off so a) you can feel for any hotness and b) allow air/cooling.

Back