Technical Fiat 500e ubigi connectivity not working

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500e ubigi connectivity not working

reactive

Dear All

I am an happy owner of a the Fiat 500e La prima since more than I year now and I have subscribed the Ubigi 4g connectivity to use Alexa in the car and listen music.

At the renewal of the yearly fee ( which I suggest to anyone as it's very cheap 50 quid for 3gb per month ) I found that my Fiat 500e keep saying that I need to buy a subscription altough I alraedy have it.
I contacted UBIGI and they're saying it's fine but It doesnt work. The car is saying all the time Not Internet Signal Attempting to connect...and ask my for the subscirption.

If I go through the procedure using the car ( Wifi Hotspot and then login/signup to UBIGI ) when I connect to the hotspot again I dont have connectivity in the car.

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks
S

Dear All

I am an happy owner of a the Fiat 500e La prima since more than I year now and I have subscribed the Ubigi 4g connectivity to use Alexa in the car and listen music.

At the renewal of the yearly fee ( which I suggest to anyone as it's very cheap 50 quid for 3gb per month ) I found that my Fiat 500e keep saying that I need to buy a subscription altough I alraedy have it.
I contacted UBIGI and they're saying it's fine but It doesnt work. The car is saying all the time Not Internet Signal Attempting to connect...and ask my for the subscirption.

If I go through the procedure using the car ( Wifi Hotspot and then login/signup to UBIGI ) when I connect to the hotspot again I dont have connectivity in the car.

Any suggestion ?

Many thanks
S

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to deal with their customer support to fix this. I've not heard of anyone else subscribing to this. For myself I couldn't find a use for it rather than using phone data for CarPlay etc.

Unfortunately I think you're going to have to deal with their customer support to fix this. I've not heard of anyone else subscribing to this. For myself I couldn't find a use for it rather than using phone data for CarPlay etc.
Thanks, I found alexa very helpful but use Ubigi connectivty...they must have done something weird with my account renewal then....

Hi all. I’ve just joined the forum because I have just had this exact issue, no internet connection in the car immediately after a Ubigi monthly renewal.
My car is a Fiat 500e Red, UK registered March 2023. I also activated the built in eSIM to create the internet hotspot to link to an annual Ubigi data service at 1gb a month so the onboard Alexa app could be used. I have had trouble free service from it since then until last week, the 26th December, when my renewal happened automatically as usual to refresh data for the next month.

It worked fine before renewal. It hasn’t worked since renewal. My hotspot is ticked as enabled and devices will connect to it via wifi, but everything, including the car’s Alexa app just shows there is no internet connection, no data available to use. I then get referred to the instructions on how to purchase data. However I have 5 months left to run on my Ubigi subscription.

I contacted Ubigi tech customer service and they say they have updated things at their end and all is good, but my in car internet connection still doesn’t work. I am left with the impression I know more about what I’m talking about than they do from their two responses so far as they issue instructions on how to connect my phone to the car’s hotspot, which is not the issue. The issue is that the car’s eSIM has no internet data to use. It remains unresolved. I will post if things are resolved.

I don't have any direct experience of the Ubigi Wifi package either I'm afraid. As a long shot, have you tried a hard reset of the system by pressing and holding down the volume rocker switch on the centre console? Also, does Ubigi also need an active Connected Services package or does it work independently? The reason I mention the latter is that some connected services subscriptions might now be lapsed depending on the age of car.

I don't have any direct experience of the Ubigi Wifi package either I'm afraid. As a long shot, have you tried a hard reset of the system by pressing and holding down the volume rocker switch on the centre console? Also, does Ubigi also need an active Connected Services package or does it work independently? The reason I mention the latter is that some connected services subscriptions might now be lapsed depending on the age of car.
RESOLVED!

Thanks gazz_bee! It wasn’t working because it now needs a subscription! Why did Fiat not notify me?

There are some information discrepancies related to all this though, as follows:

The car was first registered on the 1st March 2023 and I am the 1st owner. That makes it 10 months old as I write.

I checked the My Fiat account as a result of the information provided by you (not Ubigi)! That tells me I have 5 active services without subscription which expire on the 1st March 2026. A little digging around showed me I have a 6 month trial period of their connect+ service which includes the car’s WiFi and Alexa connectivity, providing there is an active data connection, ie a Ubigi data subscription.

(Note the 6 month trial period terms. My car was 10 months old when it stopped working without any notifications.)

I took the plunge and started the optional additional subscription for Connect+ at £3 a month, auto renewing each month.

Hey presto, it all works again!

Something of a rip off in my opinion, but at least I now know I haven’t got a fault, which could be a pain.

RESOLVED!

Thanks gazz_bee! It wasn’t working because it now needs a subscription! Why did Fiat not notify me?

There are some information discrepancies related to all this though, as follows:

The car was first registered on the 1st March 2023 and I am the 1st owner. That makes it 10 months old as I write.

I checked the My Fiat account as a result of the information provided by you (not Ubigi)! That tells me I have 5 active services without subscription which expire on the 1st March 2026. A little digging around showed me I have a 6 month trial period of their connect+ service which includes the car’s WiFi and Alexa connectivity, providing there is an active data connection, ie a Ubigi data subscription.

(Note the 6 month trial period terms. My car was 10 months old when it stopped working without any notifications.)

I took the plunge and started the optional additional subscription for Connect+ at £3 a month, auto renewing each month.

Something of a rip off in my opinion, but at least I now know I haven’t got a fault, which could be a pain.

Agree it's bad but glad you got it solved.

RESOLVED!

Glad you got it sorted out but not that it's costing you an outlay. I agree it is a rip off but seems a direction of travel for manufacturers to charge for app services. Sometime in 2023, Fiat changed the durations of their "free" subscription for newly registered cars which might reflect your experience.

Glad you got it sorted out but not that it's costing you an outlay. I agree it is a rip off but seems a direction of travel for manufacturers to charge for app services. Sometime in 2023, Fiat changed the durations of their "free" subscription for newly registered cars which might reflect your experience.

They did. Unfortunately I think it was 1st March last year.

They did. Unfortunately I think it was 1st March last year.
My issue was that all my 5 services within the infotainment system are all inclusive for 3 years until 1st March 2026. The bit that stopped the wifi and Alexa app from working was kind of hidden away. It was only an online search that revealed my car came with a 6 month free trial of the optional entertainment service they call Connect+. I’m sure that Ubigi, the data provider in partnership with Fiat might get bombarded with queries why their service suddenly stopped functioning, so I’ve now told their customer service the outcome of this too.

My issue was that all my 5 services within the infotainment system are all inclusive for 3 years until 1st March 2026. The bit that stopped the wifi and Alexa app from working was kind of hidden away. It was only an online search that revealed my car came with a 6 month free trial of the optional entertainment service they call Connect+. I’m sure that Ubigi, the data provider in partnership with Fiat might get bombarded with queries why their service suddenly stopped functioning, so I’ve now told their customer service the outcome of this too.
This is weird too. My Alexa/Wifi worked until 26 th December 2023 but my Ubigi services were renewed on December 17th.
So there must be something wrong after the 26th of December of this year that made Ubigi not wokring but also Alexa not working too...and showing in my Fiat500e the Attempting to reconnect.
However what is weird too is that I can see the weather being updated so where does thes update coming from ?

This is weird too. My Alexa/Wifi worked until 26 th December 2023 but my Ubigi services were renewed on December 17th.
So there must be something wrong after the 26th of December of this year that made Ubigi not wokring but also Alexa not working too...and showing in my Fiat500e the Attempting to reconnect.
However what is weird too is that I can see the weather being updated so where does thes update coming from ?
The car has a SIM card that it uses for SOS calls, over the air updates and other car functions. These functions are packaged into subscriptions that have a different expiry depending on car purchase date. The package that includes sat nav and weather isn't the same one that supports ubigi so one may work while the other doesn't.

I suspect that on the 26th, Fiat have enforced subscriptions that should have previously lapsed. Can I suggest that you follow the steps above to check what live subscriptions you currently have?

Back