Technical fiat 500 wont reve up high and taco does not work

Currently reading:
Technical fiat 500 wont reve up high and taco does not work

jnt

fiat 500 1.2 09 reg wont reve high and taco does not work help iv done timing belt and locked it up with the tool

fiat 500 1.2 09 reg wont reve high and taco does not work help iv done timing belt and locked it up with the tool
This is reported very frequently here and generally this points to a mistimed engine.

Did you loosen the cam sprocket when fitting the belt?

Perceived wisdom is that you can't fit the belt correctly if the locking tools are in place and the cam sprocket is not free to move.

There are a number of different ways of doing this, some leaving the sprocket locked in place, and some loosening it. What you can't do is refit the belt with everything locked; it'll be mistimed after you tighten the tensioner.

So many folks are getting into difficulties with timing belt replacement, that I think it merits a new 'sticky' thread all of its own. I'll work on this...

Last edited:
thanks it runs nice up to half reves
That does not necessarily mean that the engine is correctly timed. Not running properly above half max rpm suggests strongly that it isn't.

We need to know if you loosened the camshaft sprocket. If you just fitted the locking tools, took the old belt off, put the new one on, and tightened the tensioner with the cam sprocket locked, it's unlikely to be timed correctly.

The job can be done either way, but the procedure is a little different if you don't loosen the cam sprocket. I'd suggest for most folks, they'd be better off leaving the cam sprocket well alone, but then you can't fit the belt correctly with both locking tools in place.

Even experienced mechanics get this wrong sometimes, if not familiar with this engine. There are dozens of posts on the forum from folks whose engines won't run properly at higher revs after a belt change.

Last edited:
That does not necessarily mean that the engine is correctly timed. Not running properly above half max rpm suggests strongly that it isn't.

We need to know if you loosened the camshaft sprocket. If you just fitted the locking tools, took the old belt off, put the new one on, and tightened the tensioner with the cam sprocket locked, it's unlikely to be timed correctly.

The job can be done either way, but the procedure is a little different if you don't loosen the cam sprocket. I'd suggest for most folks, they'd be better off leaving the cam sprocket well alone, but then you can't fit the belt correctly with both locking tools in place.

Even experienced mechanics get this wrong sometimes, if not familiar with this engine. There are dozens of posts on the forum from folks whose engines won't run properly at higher revs after a belt change.
iv re timed it with cam slack no chainge in it can any one think of any thing els it comes up crank positon fault changed it still same

no i got it with nakerd engine chainged that still does not reve up full

Didn't somebody here do a guide for this engines belt change?

If I was the op it be starting again fresh with that

Have you fitted a new engine? As you said you got the car with a knacaked one?

With the replacement engine, did it rev correctly (old belt) or did you replace the belt at the same time as the engine?
no its never worked but crank angle sensor does not work wires are ok senser chainged crank pully chainged
would a punto ecu fit and work in the 500

Didn't somebody here do a guide for this engines belt change?

If I was the op it be starting again fresh with that

Have you fitted a new engine? As you said you got the car with a knacaked one?
fited new engie did belt the corect way am lost now crank angle does not pick up wires oc caiged sensor tested wires chainged inlet manifold i think its ecu

Back