Technical Fiat 500 TPMS sensor renewal

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 TPMS sensor renewal

Tropicalmike

How can I check if the TPMS system is working and what is fitted ?
I am due to renew some original 9 year old tyres on a recent purchase of a 2014 (64 plate ) twin air lounge with 33000 miles on it and wondered if I should renew the TPMS sensors at the same time . From what I have read the sensor batteries last 5-10 years . So I was looking for information/recommendations on after market parts and Youtube guides on the subject . I found a Youtube from USA showing the new sensors taken to a tyre fitter to swap them out and clear his fault warning light.

I have a MultiECUscan and it says I don't have "Tire Pressure control" TPMS module fitted but I do have the warning light and the reset feature on the dashboard . However when the Multiecuscan is connected to the ABS module the Tire pressure symbol flashes (yellow) and a message scrolls "TPMS system not connected " along with messages about ABS fail, ESP and hill hold not installed. So may be the TPMS is part of the ABS module ???

It has crossed my mind that the TPMS module may have been disabled / disconnected by a disreputable garage to clear a fault if sensor batteries are already flat . I have access to another 500 . a 2019 S and the MultiECUscan also shows no TPMS module and the same "TPMS system not connected" message and Tire pressure warning light when connected to the ABS module . The TPMS alarm did work when it had a slow puncture.

Any advice on the TPMS on a fiat 500 and the location of the receiver unit to check wiring would be much appreciated .

Thanks

AFIAK European market 500's don't have TMPS sensors and there are no batteries to replace. The TMPS warning system is implemented in software and uses the ABS system to monitoring variance in the speed of all four wheels.

Forget anything you might have seen in a USA video - the North American market cars are different.

AFIAK European market 500's don't have TMPS sensors and there are no batteries to replace. The TMPS warning system is implemented in software and uses the ABS system to monitoring variance in the speed of all four wheels.

Forget anything you might have seen in a USA video - the North American market cars are different.
Thanks for that reply jrkitching . I have also subsequently found info/description on the "indirect TPMS" in the addendum leaflet that was with the owners manual in the 2nd Fiat 500 I have access too. So no issues or extra costs when changing tyres . Just do the TPMS reset on the Dashboard.

Back