Technical Fiat 500 steering wheel change

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 steering wheel change

rouge55

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2011 TwinAir with a damaged steering wheel - the previous owner scratched up the leather by wearing a ring whilst driving.

Having looked on eBay, there are quite a few cream steering wheels from the facelifted model. Do you know if I can swap out mine with a new model one with respect to the horn, airbag and steering wheel controls?

TIA

Sorry, I just said they are all the same but then saw you were talking about the new one. I think it would be a gamble but he internal electronics could be the same assuming the buttons are all in the same place and do it he same functions.

Last edited:
I’ve just looked at a facelift wheel on eBay and the buttons seem to be different.

The abarth wheel is more expensive, compared to normal 500. I was tempted to try the normal 500 one first.

I’d hazard a guess that if it does work the pick up call would be src instead all other buttons are the same.

I'd ask the seller if they can send you a picture of the wire connectors I'd imagine if there are identical there's a reasonable chance it would work

Well with the TFT speedo I took a gamble, but at the time I did actually need a new speedo. The steering wheel is a want rather than a need!

Well with the TFT speedo I took a gamble, but at the time I did actually need a new speedo. The steering wheel is a want rather than a need!
i think its the same. the buttons are bigger but seem to have the same functions. i hope someone tries this as it would be a definate upgrade if it works!

wouldnt make much of a difference in my fiat, my steering wheel buttons don't work regardless = )

i think its the same. the buttons are bigger but seem to have the same functions. i hope someone tries this as it would be a definate upgrade if it works!

wouldnt make much of a difference in my fiat, my steering wheel buttons don't work regardless = )

Mine have to be pressed really hard in the new car and feel very floppy however my old fiat 500 is solid still. Very irritating.

Back