General Fiat 500 rear seat boot carpet

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 rear seat boot carpet

You've just given me a good idea for what to do with a spare Alfa 156 boot floor I have leaning against my garage wall. It's out of an earlier 156 and is a light grey colour that might match the 500 well. Or it might not - I think you'd want to find the same material as fitted to the 500's tailgate. Alfa 166 boot trim comes to mind as well - the rear bulkhead (behind the rear seat) is probably larger than the 500's seats and is covered in a darker material that probably matches. I have access to two wrecked 166s.

-Alex

Last edited:
Someone on the Alfaowner forum did something with some mat they bought in Aldi or somewhere... Apparently it was a reasonable match.

But sounds like the idea of using the boot liner from another Fiat Group car may be the way to go... Alfa 155 has an enoooormous rear seat and liner... and there's bound to be the odd clean and unblemished example round the scrappies..

Ralf S.

But sounds like the idea of using the boot liner from another Fiat Group car may be the way to go... Alfa 155 has an enoooormous rear seat and liner... and there's bound to be the odd clean and unblemished example round the scrappies..

Ralf S.

Yes I agree - I think it has to be a very close/identical match, otherwise it will stand out as 'practical but improvised'. On the other hand, the non-slip 'black foam netting' material that you see used as a boot liner by estate car owners might be acceptable, as it would be obviously different to the other trim.

It turns out that a 156 boot floor carpet is NOT a match... so I shall get the 166 trim next, sooner or later I'll find the exact same material. What about a Punto boot floor, for example...

-Alex

Last edited:
It's a small detail that bugs me. Other than the condensated rear lights, the only one.

If anyone gets a difinitive match, please let me know. I'm waiting for my Brera to be ready after some work so will have a poke around the Panda etc at the dealers:)

I like the way that the rear seats get carpet covering in the USA version of the A500, much better than bare metal.

43-2012-fiat-500-abarth-review.jpg

Back