General Fiat 500 easy to steal?? can this be correct

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 easy to steal?? can this be correct

Exactly. nothing can prevent a car being lifted on a HIAB......
HI guys, i am the stepdaughter with the stolen 500..... yes i did lock it! and the funny thing is as i got to my front door i locked it again to make sure and i thought oh god im turning into my boyfriend! (he is OCD) i got home at 9.45pm i had a chat with my brother, wen up to bed, bout 10.30 my brother had a shower and he looked out the window and my car was gone so he assumed id gone back out, which isnt unusal, working freelance im in and out at random times...... after talking with the police and insurance company unfortunatly the fiat 500 is a easy steal, apparently they have a system where they can zap the key code when you lock your car........ i must have been followed or been waited for, and today when i went to pick up my courtesy car the lady said i was the 3rd stolen fiat 500 victim that week............. in this area! so00000ooo00oooo000ooo if you love your 500 please make sure shes extra extra safe! it was gutting opening my front door and she was gone!!!!!!!!

HI guys, i am the stepdaughter with the stolen 500..... yes i did lock it! and the funny thing is as i got to my front door i locked it again to make sure and i thought oh god im turning into my boyfriend! (he is OCD) i got home at 9.45pm i had a chat with my brother, wen up to bed, bout 10.30 my brother had a shower and he looked out the window and my car was gone so he assumed id gone back out, which isnt unusal, working freelance im in and out at random times...... after talking with the police and insurance company unfortunatly the fiat 500 is a easy steal, apparently they have a system where they can zap the key code when you lock your car........ i must have been followed or been waited for, and today when i went to pick up my courtesy car the lady said i was the 3rd stolen fiat 500 victim that week............. in this area! so00000ooo00oooo000ooo if you love your 500 please make sure shes extra extra safe! it was gutting opening my front door and she was gone!!!!!!!!
oh yeah also im gonnna buy a "clutch claw" when i replace my fiat500...... this combined with a alarm is my plan.... have a research and let me know what you all think? x

did they drive it away though? been a few stories of them being taken by lorry.

is she sure she didn't just forget where she parked it? :D

welcome to the forum

post more details about the car, some one might spot it
i wish i forgot where i parked it! had over £800 worth of possessions in there too!!! learntmylesson.com

no need to be a sarcastic is there? im just asking! as far as i know my car has vanished into thin air, i have no idea how it got away... my friends mum had a brand new car stolen and it was picked up by a truck, but the boy actually drove it out of their road onto the main road... because my friend pulled over because she knew it was her mums car and he held a knife to her, luckily they got caught.

but he managed to drive it away initially!?

no need to be a sarcastic is there? im just asking! as far as i know my car has vanished into thin air, i have no idea how it got away... my friends mum had a brand new car stolen and it was picked up by a truck, but the boy actually drove it out of their road onto the main road... because my friend pulled over because she knew it was her mums car and he held a knife to her, luckily they got caught.

but he managed to drive it away initially!?
It's the truth though.....

Recently their has been an epidemic of bmw's being stolen. Their is a special "loop" device that can be bought. Cars that have the keyless entry have a code that can really easily be bypassed by this loop.

Thus resulting in the car being driven off rather than on a trailer.

Just type into google bmw thefts and you will see. So your very expensive beemer is nowhere near as safe as people think!!

Recently their has been an epidemic of bmw's being stolen. Their is a special "loop" device that can be bought. Cars that have the keyless entry have a code that can really easily be bypassed by this loop.

Thus resulting in the car being driven off rather than on a trailer.

Just type into google bmw thefts and you will see. So your very expensive beemer is nowhere near as safe as people think!!

good marketing by bmw, everyone gets their car nicked so they have to go buy another, they sell twice as many cars :idea:

...apparently they have a system where they can zap the key code when you lock your car........

Sorry to hear about this. Might be worth using the old fashioned key to open and close the door rather than the remote. As the second driver of our 500, I get the key that doesn't have the remote so am well used to using the key. It's just a pain that you can't open the passenger side with the key particularly when I want to get my daughter into the car before myself.

As for BMWs, apparently the interior alarm movement sensor has a blind spot that allows a thief to get their arm in to access the OBD port. This can then be used to program a blank key...

Hi guys and girl.Worked in the motor trade for 17yrs selling commercial vehicles with thousands of pounds worth of equipment in the back. Most of them had less security than the fiat 500.The one thing i have learnt over the years is that the more difficult you make it for the thieves, the more of a mess they make of your car. There is no way i would consider a thatcham alarm because imo they only ever cause problems in the future with their reliability. The fiats arent renowned for electrical reliability so patching an alarm in would be a lovely recipe for trouble.I also dont buy into easy windows etc etc. If someone is breaking into my car i 100% want them to find it easy because that way they dont damage it. If you leave expensive gear in your car, well you know the answer dont you.The manufacturers have got it about right now. Gone are the days of stealing stereos because its not worth it. All cars have glass so whats the point of making them overly difficult to get into? Immobilisers are about as good a detterent as there is and i must admit that i am yet to experience one being beaten although i accept it can be done. But then if i am unlucky enough to have my car targetted by someone who can bypass the immobiliser then tbh they are welcome to it. That person might be determined enough to come in my house and take the keys.Best security hint for anyone is to not leave their keys hanging on a hook or sat in a bowl near the front door.Leave the rest to chance.

I agree with keeping keys away from the door and out of sight. I personally don't lock the 3 cars and only lock the back of my van due to the equipment I have to keep in it. I'd rather they can rummage around in them and find nothing worth stealing, that force their way in breaking door frames or windows and rummage around and find nothing worth stealing.
All keys are kept in a locked key cabinet when not in use.

So many myths and so much hearsay in the thread its almost unreal :p

indeed

It's a Fiat 500 not a hot hatch or exotic

It's not as if it's gonna be used as a getaway car... you'd need a MINI for that (y)

mini_the_italian_job-300x300.jpg

I have seen this for every new car I have owned in the last 10 years.
It almost sounds like a copy and paste from other forums and just the car has been changed.

I am no crime prevention expert but leaving £800 worth of stuff in a car is just asking for trouble.

any way my point in combining those two would be...... if its takes 30 mins to remove the claw they wont be there with a alarm blairing for 30 mins before they can get away with it... too much hastle.... thats what im hoping!

Back