Technical fiat 500 dualogic multiple failures

Currently reading:
Technical fiat 500 dualogic multiple failures

Tbh they're fairly sound boxes mechanically, normally the electronics side that fail, and even then it's normally a simple glitch made worse by someone who doesn't understand the box trying to fix it.

I suspect on your case it's just hopefully a faulty seal that has gone, I think the system operates at around 6-8Bar from memory, so all you need is a minor seal issue and it's good night Vienna.

Ok i went to the dealer and they told me they ordered the parts from italy. They told me it has something to do with the electronic system of the dualogic? I cant say for sure until i see a reciept with what has been changed. For now they gave me a 2009 orange fiat panda its drivable! They will know tomorrow when it will arrive from italy.

Might possibly be the seal on the gear possition/selected sensor possibly.

Ok got an update from the dealer the parts should be here by 10 febuary which is a Friday so unless things go better should have the car by Monday the 13th! I guess a lot of mileage with the loan Panda it is then.

Ok got an update from the dealer the parts should be here by 10 febuary which is a Friday so unless things go better should have the car by Monday the 13th! I guess a lot of mileage with the loan Panda it is then.

Didn't know the roads were that bad over there.:)
Dealer is probably watching his transportation costs.

Didn't know the roads were that bad over there.:)
Dealer is probably watching his transportation costs.

Actually the connections between Italy and Greece are rather good with the ferries (assuming they are too stingy for DHL of course).
So either they are building the parts from scratch, or they are taking their time sourcing them and then sending them en masse with whichever other parts are sent to Greece from Italy by Fiat, like monthly shipment? lol
From what i understand it is Fiat that is sending the parts to the dealer on Fiat's behalf as it is a Fiat main dealer.

If this wasnt being done with warranty i would have ordered the parts myself!

Last edited:
Actually the connections between Italy and Greece are rather good with the ferries (assuming they are too stingy for DHL of course).
So either they are building the parts from scratch, or they are taking their time sourcing them and then sending them en masse with whichever other parts are sent to Greece from Italy by Fiat, like monthly shipment? lol
From what i understand it is Fiat that is sending the parts to the dealer on Fiat's behalf as it is a Fiat main dealer.

If this wasnt being done with warranty i would have ordered the parts myself!
Ahmett, in case there is a monthly shipment is not that strange. This is what happens in our case (with DHL) two times per month.

Ahmett, in case there is a monthly shipment is not that strange. This is what happens in our case (with DHL) two times per month.

I noticed some new Fiat/Jeep dealers in Marousi that sell Jeep, Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo! Maybe i will go and check them out in case i need them in the future. They are marketing that new small Lancia Ypsilon a lot in Greece.

I noticed some new Fiat/Jeep dealers in Marousi that sell Jeep, Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo! Maybe i will go and check them out in case i need them in the future. They are marketing that new small Lancia Ypsilon a lot in Greece.
I have seen many new around in my area and it's a very cute car! I have the impression that even we re through the crisis they will sell a lot, as the 500.

Ok i called the dealer as they said the parts should arrive by febuary 13. I just spoke with them and they told me no it will not arrive in febuary 13, it will arrive febuary 28. So i am going to call Fiat Customer Services (none of them speak english so i will just try and manage with my greek) and try to find a solution here because 1 month for spare parts of a new car is a joke.

That's pathetic.

in which dealer did you go? Sarakakis? Moschato?

Yes exactly Sarakakis Moschato. I called fiat customer service and spoke with them with my limited greek and i also sent fiat cusotmer service international an email in english just in case they didnt understand me and i gave them all the information i need. Lets see what they say, I will wait for their feedback.

What do you think, shall i at least ask for a nicer courtesy car than an orange panda? I mean if i am waiting a month, at least give me somethign as nice as my 500 to drive around with. = )

Ok i called the dealer as they said the parts should arrive by febuary 13. I just spoke with them and they told me no it will not arrive in febuary 13, it will arrive febuary 28. So i am going to call Fiat Customer Services (none of them speak english so i will just try and manage with my greek) and try to find a solution here because 1 month for spare parts of a new car is a joke.

That's very poor. Having a 'new' car does not mean driving around in a courtesy Panda. It's no wonder they get abused in frustration. 'New' cars cost in monthly depreciation. It would pay to have it couriered over as opposed to waiting for a 'batch' delivery. What weight would the small replacement part be ?

Do you mean a 'revised' new part or just a replacement part ?

Both. You'd be surprised just how many versions of the same parts there are for the Selespeed boxes! I had this issue when selecting parts when repairing one on a Panda. Equally if they don't have a regular demand for a certain part they may only stock one or two, if only one, and another has only just been ordered by another dealer then it'll be coming from manufacture :(

Both. You'd be surprised just how many versions of the same parts there are for the Selespeed boxes! I had this issue when selecting parts when repairing one on a Panda. Equally if they don't have a regular demand for a certain part they may only stock one or two, if only one, and another has only just been ordered by another dealer then it'll be coming from manufacture :(

Good point MEP.
It might be worthwhile for ahmett asking the question. If it is revised then there should be less likelihood of it going again outside warranty.

Nothing is guaranteed - but there's a good chance things will work out. Going straight to Fiat is going to remove some of that dealership good will, though. If it were me, I'd be finding out the part number of the required part, and doing some enquiries myself..

Hey guys thank you for your replies. As we all must agree, 1 month waiting for readily available parts from a mass produced car is a joke. Of course, the parts can arrive in one day but i dont think Fiat would like to pay the courier costs so they probably send it in one batch of parts. Unfortunately, the way Greece is right now, I doubt dealers stock any real parts that they dont have to and spend money, and the dealer told me the second they got the car that they did not have the parts they will have to order them from Fiat. This is a major Fiat dealer. Further to that, maybe Fiat simply don't care that much of the supply chain in Greece as opposed to a much bigger market like England, so if demand was not big enough for a shipment on 13 feb, maybe they said ok send it end of the month with the other stuff. To be honest, the dealer I cannot blame too much as they are really in a bad situation with so low car sales. This is why I went to Fiat as I want an explanation as to what the problem is.
In the end of the day, I just want to enjoy my car and drive it, not drive around in a Panda because my car broke under warranty without me crashing it!

I will let you guys know as soon as Fiat reply to me.

Back