General Fiat 500 Crime spree

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Crime spree

Yes, it’s rife apparently. There have been several. Even dash and airbags have been taken overnight. Some cars have been stolen but some have had bumpers and lights stolen. One person had the bumper and lights taken one night and they came back for the bonnet the next night. Organised crime on a massive scale by the sound of it.

Yes, it’s rife apparently. There have been several. Even dash and airbags have been taken overnight. Some cars have been stolen but some have had bumpers and lights stolen. One person had the bumper and lights taken one night and they came back for the bonnet the next night. Organised crime on a massive scale by the sound of it.
Seems odd that they're targeting 500s. I thought in crime like this they normally go for more expensive/exclusive cars - surely it can't be that lucrative?

Common car so easy market for resale and being common parts less likely to get a second look by the plod I'd guess
A BMW bonnet or Porsche ect they may be more likely to start checking part numbers ect

Common car so easy market for resale and being common parts less likely to get a second look by the plod I'd guess
A BMW bonnet or Porsche ect they may be more likely to start checking part numbers ect
Yes that makes sense. There was some reference below to some written-off 500s in Kent possibly being linked to these - with a suggestion that these parts were being stolen to order.

Seems odd that they're targeting 500s. I thought in crime like this they normally go for more expensive/exclusive cars - surely it can't be that lucrative?

Once you've opened the bonnet you can take the front off of a 500 by undoing 10 screws. Some in either wheel arch and a few along top in front of the radiator. Once undone it all unclips and you just have to pull or cut the wires for the lights. About £2k+ of parts gone in a couple of minutes. No noise, no tools apart from a screwdriver - that's why.

I live 2 miles from Beckenham and mine was done in September right outside my house. Fit an alarm - honestly, there's so many for them to choose from, an alarm should make them move on from yours.

And one other thing... 'Police say..'

That's all they did. They were useless - didn't want to know, didn't attend and brushed it off - that was in September. Perhaps if they'd acted sooner there might have been a few less stolen.

And one other thing... 'Police say..'

That's all they did. They were useless - didn't want to know, didn't attend and brushed it off - that was in September. Perhaps if they'd acted sooner there might have been a few less stolen.
Too busy pulling real criminals over. You know - like the ones that forget to include 'commuting' on the their insurance policies! ??

Back