General Fiat 500 2019 number plate bulbs not working

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 2019 number plate bulbs not working

CKinginfo

Fiat 500 2019 -Just bought last week. The warning message for number plate bulbs came on 5 days after purchasing. Both bulbs on the number plate don't work and the warning message comes on the dash. Replaced both bulbs with led bulbs which worked but warning message remained on dash.
Replaced led bulbs with new manufacturer standard bulbs and i have no light from the bulbs and warning message still there.
Please could you help. Thanks

could be the wiring in the tailgate. It's a common fault (but not something I would expect with a 3 year old car though) May have been just enough power going through for the LED's but not for incandescent bulbs.

could be the wiring in the tailgate. It's a common fault (but not something I would expect with a 3 year old car though) May have been just enough power going through for the LED's but not for incandescent bulbs.
Thanks for your reply. If there is not enough power to go through for the standard bulbs does this point to a wiring issue. (the wiring could be only connected by a few strands of wire) . If it was a fuse blown both the LED and standard bulbs wouldn't work , is this corect?

yes, if the fuse is blown, neither bulbs nor LED's will work.
If you place the LED back, do they still work? (even though you have the warning on the dash)
If they do, I think an issue with the wiring is likely. The bulb sockets are clean? No corrosion?

yes, if the fuse is blown, neither bulbs nor LED's will work.
If you place the LED back, do they still work? (even though you have the warning on the dash)
If they do, I think an issue with the wiring is likely. The bulb sockets are clean? No corrosion?
Hi,
When i placed the LED bulbs back on they worked ( still have warning on dash)
The bulb sockets are clean with no corrosion

B3F93C1A-7B79-418F-AD3E-749FA145D30D.jpeg

It’s a simple system

Power in and chassis ground

A multi meter probably will not help too much we know there’s 12V as the LEDs light. You need to check if the wires can carry enough current

DC083A60-C885-431A-AB10-F3EA0EC8107F.jpeg

This is what I would use. An incandescent test light. The crocodile clip on chassis ground I would check the supply to the bulbs

Then the crocodile clip on battery plus check the c030 ground

Just stick standard bulbs in, do they work?
When i replaced the old standard bulbs with new standard bulbs they didn't work. The bulb connections are clean no corrosion.
When LED bulbs are put on they do work but it still comes up with an errror on the dash.

More info here:

Anyone know how to dismantle the rear handle assembly, I'm still having issues with one of our lights, about 4 years ago I took the silver part off but couldn't work out how to get the innards out(trying to fix the boot release switch, that fixed itself in the process ) I have a feeling a poor connection on the board track or rear of light unit is causing a intermittent connection?

Anyone know how to dismantle the rear handle assembly, I'm still having issues with one of our lights, about 4 years ago I took the silver part off but couldn't work out how to get the innards out(trying to fix the boot release switch, that fixed itself in the process ) I have a feeling a poor connection on the board track or rear of light unit is causing a intermittent connection?
Haven't actually done it yet but I believe the chrome cover snaps over the inner (black) assembly. See;

Thank you, I had previously got it to the point of loose but not out of the silver surround maybe I just need a bit more force, the video also shows that there are no exposed wires or PCB am going to have to hunt them out once apart think there's a "foamy" type covering maybe under that?

Back