Technical Fiat 500 1.2 2014 goes into limp mode very infrequently

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 1.2 2014 goes into limp mode very infrequently

It’s around 50 miles plus the bridge tolls, with a fiat 500 a couple of gallons of petrol, so I would have thought its pretty good value as I am sure it could be the same issue that I had and it was solved in a couple of hours. In fact I only had the time to catch the bus into Hull centre and back. Unless thee is someone in Grimsby.

Sorry hijacking this post too, My daughter's 14 plate fiat 500 doing exactly the same 😞 our local garage had it for 2weeks and couldn't find a fault yet once again driving to Essex from Cleethorpes gets to the A1 and limp mode sets in once she overtakes and hits 70 start stop/light and engine management lights are on, she pulls over and stops the car then starts it up and all lights have disappeared. This happens 3 plus times on her journey, yet on her way back to Cleethorpes if she stays around 60 it doesn't happen but she can't keep driving down them main roads at 60mph it's dangerous 😔
Any advice for a worried mum 🙏
Hi I don’t suppose you’ve found any solution for your daughters car? I’m a Nissan technician myself and my girlfriends mam has a 14 plate fiat 500 which is doing the exact same! It’s causing her anxiety driving personally never had anything like this before. However hers is throwing an engine light on just like yours , I plugged in the code reader and it’s related to the intake manifold as an air leakage. I removed the map sensor which was oily & cleaned it off car ran much better. Also due to short journeys the engine is full of gunk in the breather pipes ect.. it’s definitely an air related issue Im going to put a new map sensor on, give the engine a clean, use the gunk remover you can buy in petrol stations and give it a fresh service followed by a long motorway run. Your issue sounds very similar so double check there’s no gunk on the breather pipe which is on the airbox , throttle body covered in gunk ect . Hope this helps or you’ve already got it sorted

Hi I don’t suppose you’ve found any solution for your daughters car? I’m a Nissan technician myself and my girlfriends mam has a 14 plate fiat 500 which is doing the exact same! It’s causing her anxiety driving personally never had anything like this before. However hers is throwing an engine light on just like yours , I plugged in the code reader and it’s related to the intake manifold as an air leakage. I removed the map sensor which was oily & cleaned it off car ran much better. Also due to short journeys the engine is full of gunk in the breather pipes ect.. it’s definitely an air related issue Im going to put a new map sensor on, give the engine a clean, use the gunk remover you can buy in petrol stations and give it a fresh service followed by a long motorway run. Your issue sounds very similar so double check there’s no gunk on the breather pipe which is on the airbox , throttle body covered in gunk ect . Hope this helps or you’ve already got it sorted
We thought it had stopped but she's since told me that it happened again on the m25 twice the other night 🫣 Gotta get it here and in the garage but won't be till easter time now.

If it's a 1.2 petrol ....the evap canister solenoid valve can be an issue. It is fitted to the inlet manifold with a blue plastic pipe connected.

If it's a 1.2 petrol ....the evap canister solenoid valve can be an issue. It is fitted to the inlet manifold with a blue plastic pipe connected.
From research believe you’re right, personally thought it was a map sensor but seems to be the evap solenoid causing map sensor to be full of oil. Going to replace this on Saturday so 🤞🏼

I find Daffo gets tempremental if plugs are left more than 9k. Our issue stopped after new plugs and cleaning the MAP sensor. It seems very susceptible to MAP getting dirty and plays up. i think ours had a hard life from an old lady for 25k too. Running faster seems to agree with it. I feel it may have been badly run in and suffered bore glazing.

Back