Few quick questions

Currently reading:
Few quick questions

ashvj-2007

1. Is a 4 channel amp what i need to power 2 subs??
2. What sort of power subs are decent quality and loud?
3. What power amp is required to power two resonably powerful subs???

1 - You can do it off a 4 channel, but there are other ways of doing it (e.g. mono amps)

2 - Depends on budget, box design etc

3 - Depends on subs.

to be a bit more detailed...
i use a 4 channel amp to power two 12" pioneer 1000w subs, along with 2 jbl 3-way full range speakers, and its ample power... ie, the speedo need shakes, and i can set of other peoples car alarms with it :)

by general rule, smaller subs - 8/10" give more punch while bigger subs, 12/15+" give more rumble

or do you want to know whats good in terms of names?

go on youtube and search for "bass i love you" most of the vids are af premier subs (pioneer) and are brutal to say the least

those questions all have many possible answers. it depedns on many things.

imo a 4 channel amp (2ohm stable & bridgable on all channels) will be fine for most people. get a pair of matches subs, both approx 300wRMS, and make sure your amp gives out 200wRMS from each bridged channel, and you'll have good bass.

it would be better if you got a mono amp (1ohm stable & only 1channel) and a proper sub (1ohm dual voice coil). that will give more bass all by itself. cost is the only issue.

IMO you're better off with one good sub rather than two mediocre.

I ran a Diamond Audio MD10 in a slightly oversized sealed enclosure and even though it was getting half it's rated power it played loud, deep and with a nice flat response.

I've also run an 8" sub but the whole system needed setting up so never got chance to really audition that properly before I ripped it all out.

Back