Uconnect Live & TomTom question

Currently reading:
Uconnect Live & TomTom question

Hi,

I bought an October 2015 500 the other day which had the factory option of Tom Tom Nav & DAB. It also has Uconnect Live. Before I go though the process of downloadsing apps & creating accounts I'm wondering what people actually use it for. And how they set it up.

(I've tried serching threads on here but can't find the answer)

Q1; can Uconnrect Live work across two phones?

I have a phone, so does my wife. Does that mean I would need to have 2 separate apps? And if so, can I link both apps to the same account?

Q2; what do you use it for?

The most useful thing I can see is Deezer. Although I alredy have a family Spotify premium account and a not sure I'd want to pay for another music service.

So what other things do people find useful?

Q3; Is my TomTom already live?

I used it for the first time the other day and it said something along the lines of "fastest route despite a 4 minute delay. So does that mean it's getting real-time updates and, if so, is that how it always works? Or am I benfitting from a service the previus owner has paid for?

OK; so I've started to play. I've created a Uconnect account and downloaded the app on my phone. The account is now live.

I then tried to create a Deezer account from within my account on the Uconnect app on my phone....and can't get it to work.

Might see if I can create a TuneIn account instead.

OK; the supplying dealer thinks that that unit has TomTom Live by default. To say that I'm happy about it is an understatement. When I'm in my Merc I end up using Waze or Google Maps on my phone rather than the rather dumb COMAND nav - mainly becuse they are both live and the Merc system isn't. To have live nav in the dash of the 500 is brilliant.

Secondly, he thinks that I can link the Uconnect app on both phones to the same account.

Thirdly, I've now created and linked Deezer and TuneIn accounts to my Uconnect account.

Getting there.....

God this car keeps better; after fiddling around to get Deezer & TuneIn up and running I stumbled across the fact that it actually does have Android Auto and I can stream Spotify into it via the dash/steering wheel controls.

Result!

All done; I've got the same Uconnect account running from both phones and so can now access Spotify, Deezer & TuneIn via media streaming.

Back