Styling Feedback On Mk2 Punto

Currently reading:
Styling Feedback On Mk2 Punto

Hi All I Fount Out What Problem Caused My Wiper To Stop Moving And I Wish I Didnt Now... The Ball Joint Attaching The Wiper Linkage To The Wiper Arm. And The Wiper Linkage Broke Too. Heres The Picture To Help

I Dont Know How Or Where To Get The Part From To Fix I Was Looking At Buying This But Didnt know If That Fixed Linkage And Snapped Joint?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WIPEX-PUSH-RO...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eae577b06

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And Whilst I Had My Camers I Got A Picture Of The Gap Between The Wheel And Wheelarch. Even With A Sneaky £1 To Help You Guys.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And Finnally As I Didnt Get Chance Show You My Boot So Here It Is:

Its Enough To Turn A Punto Into Flatpack In Minutes =)
Sub (Vibe CBR 1600W With Built In Amp)
6x9's (Loudest.com 2000w Competitions Running Of The 600w Amp Below)
Central Speakers Are Little Pionneer Speakers I Use As Tweeters

Please Help With Wipers And Wheels And Go Ahead And Comment On Boot Ice.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If you cannot fix that wiper assembly crack, you will need a whole new wiper motor assembly. Mega £££s.

The styling is not to my taste, but that is opinion, so I will spare you the details on that. The one thing that is just plain objectively wrong are the alloy wheels. Get some genuine Fiat alloys, I got brand new ones for about £200.

I Hate Geniune Fiat Alloys Other Than Possibly The Abarth Ones But I Aint Paying Half As Much As My Car For A Set Of Abarths Ive Seen Em Go On Ebay For Up To £900 Second Hand. And Please Help With Wiper Linkage As I Cant Make Heads Or Tails Of It.

Looking carefully at the cracked plastic, I think you need to remove the wiper motor assembly, superglue in the crack and then holding the sections together with a cable tie while the glue sets. It's got to be a good repair since the forces on the wiper spindle are quite large.

As for the linkages, the Wipex replacement linkages should do the trick. You can use a split pin, but effectively the linkage drops onto the pin, which is not as smooth a motion as a proper ball-joint.

Trust Me If You Think Thats Bad Parking You Should See My Street I Have A Green Outside My House The Size Of A Football Field With Houses The Far Side But The Road Is Only On My Side With A Footpath To The Houses On The Other Side So Cars Just Drive Up The Grass And Offroad it leaving track marks theyve added a central car park now and trees at road side to stop cars but convienantly they are just over car space apart so they just drive between them now.

And As For The Super Glue Idea Ill Take A Pass I Want A Decent Fix I Hate Doing Things 40 Times Over Once And Only Once. Ive Fixed It For Now But Only A Temp Fix Till I Get Parts Ive Bents A Allen Key Through The Hole Under The Linkage To Stop Them Seperating And The Crack Is Holding Up But I Think Ill Buy A Whole Wiper Assembly They Going Cheap On Ebay ATM So I Think Ill Head That Way.

And As For The Decal Im Not Trying To Make It Look Like An Abarth Just No Fiat Decals Other Than Abarths And Its A One Off Decal I Made So Not Like People Going Spot It And Go Wooo A Abarth Punto. Ill Upload Pics Now.

Heres Pics As Promised Lets See How Slated I Get For These: Only Done Quick So They Not Amazing Quality And The Lines Aint Straight On Decal But Get The Gist.

And Heres Measurements If Any Of You Want To Do Also =) Jk

It Will Be A Abarth Outline In Silver On Mine.

Any association with Abarth, be it badges or the Scorpion decal is a no-no. It reflects badly on the brand when you get out-dragged by a Corsa Twinport. It's a Fiat, not an Abarth. It's as silly as those folk that buy a Renault, and then stick the 'sport' badge on it; as soon as someone peers at the drum brakes through the rear wheels, they know it's not a Renaultsport.

Save your money, put it in an ISA, add more to it and then, in a few years' time, when insurance companies are not completely shafting you, get an HGT.

Any association with Abarth, be it badges or the Scorpion decal is a no-no. It reflects badly on the brand when you get out-dragged by a Corsa Twinport. It's a Fiat, not an Abarth. It's as silly as those folk that buy a Renault, and then stick the 'sport' badge on it; as soon as someone peers at the drum brakes through the rear wheels, they know it's not a Renaultsport.

Save your money, put it in an ISA, add more to it and then, in a few years' time, when insurance companies are not completely shafting you, get an HGT.

i agrree about the saving money and not makin the car summat its not

but why say not too get the abarth badges? when everyone dies to put the bumpers and skirts on then evryone says it looks good...when its a standard punto with abarth kit.

If this guy wants the badges i agree he shud not will be fake but then you shouldnt really be encouraging people to mod ther cars by addin abarth and sporting parts (not sayin that you personally do this just sayin as example)(y)

Back