General Faulty off road led?

Currently reading:
General Faulty off road led?

KEV1962

Panda 4x4 Cross Waze 2019

I recently bought the above vehicle unseen over the net from Wilson's of Epsom (21 days ago). I drove it for the first time yesterday and realised that the green LED light on the off road knob, does not illuminate in the normal position far left. It lights up when turned to offroad and hill descent but does not light up in the normal position. Is this normal or is the LED faulty, I'm a little worried now that the 4x4 system may be faulty and come the bad weather the car will not perform for the purpose it was bought. Should the green LED be permantly on in the normal driving position? Please advise. What the easiest way to make sure the 4x4 system is working as it is supposed to is there an easy way to find out? TIA

Unlikely there's any fault, in Auto mode the ELD will kick in when the car detects slip, putting it in offroad and hill descent modes overides this detection - that said the ELD only operates up to 30mph or similar.

Whilst mine’s the earlier 4x4 with ELD button, the ELD light only shows ehen it’s manually engaged or the ELD kicks in, its never on normally.

If you need more advice, please start a new thread rather than tacking on the end of another one, it'll help people with similar questions find the answer easier.

Have you read the handbook?
To engage ELD or Hill Decent, turn the dial to the right (to the required setting) and keep it there intil that LED will light up.
If they light up, they should be working.

To disable the the ELD/hill decent, it says turn the dial to the left and keep it there until the LED lights up.

Sounds to me that you need to hold it over to the left until it's disabled the previous setting.

Back