Faulty ecu

Currently reading:
Faulty ecu

B

bigbravo

Hi i got the dead injector replaced thinking that would be the end of the problems with the car but it's still cutting out.

I think the mechanics abit stummped with this one its had diagnostics check,new injector and all the other things i've mentioned previously so might be heading towards something wrong with the ecu.

I would'nt mind being able to test an ecu if anyone could give me alone of one either by post or if your in the lanarkshire area.

I don't want to keep buying parts that ain't solving the problem so would like to rule it out before forking out.

Would any 1.6 ecu off bravo,brava or marea work?

Its for a 1998 1.6 sx bravo if anyone could help please.

Thank you.

I've been told that my ecu is knackered so i'm trying to find one and i went to scrappys and they want £100 for one.

I was told that if i find an ecu that matches the same ecu number as mine it could work with just an ecu change without having to change the transponder is this possible?

Its a magneti marelli IAW 1AF.16 1.6 16V bravo/brava/marea/delta ecu.

I've found an ecu with IAW 1AF.16 so would i only need to change mine with this and the car will start?

Any help please.

Hard to say, the key code is programmed in the ecu so in general you would need a new key, but the immobilizer part can be shut down by someone who knows how.
Get it from the scrappy, try and if it wont run, return it to him, other than that
confused-2.gif

sven3.jpg

Members Site ---------My Site