Technical Faulty connect nav - wont read discs

Currently reading:
Technical Faulty connect nav - wont read discs

I'll have another go at the CD with a better brand - I used a fairly cheep PCline CDR, downloaded Nero and burned it in the something 96 mode (dont think it was joilet 96) and got an ISO file, so presumed it was ok. Trip to the shops for a Verbatim/Memorex CDR for me.

Had my first road trip down to Portsmouth and back over the weekend, loving the Abarth

Glad that, apart from the Connect, the car is superb :D

Yeah, try with the better CD and let us know how you get on. Do a hard reset first; better still, if you can, take it out of the car for an hour and then plug it back in. Someone PM'd me with a Connect Fault, wouldn't have anything (like yours); told them to do that and it now works fine (y)

Try phoning this Guy. He is working with Fiat UK to service out of warranty devices.. Could save you a load.

Marcel 01473 725953

I have a problem with my nav system ( Stilo 1.8 Dynamic ) too and it is in the process of being removed and sent to him so I cant give you any better info than that.

Good luck.

Right... sat down at the weekend and successfully updated the firmware to version 9.8. Who hoo!!! Thanks for all your help, the better quality discs worked a treat.

Now the bad news, sat nav & map still dont work. I've read a few more forum threads and think I've found what's wrong. Since I bought the car the satellite in the corner of the screen has always been black with no fill, no sign of green at all. The phone signal bars show up as green but the satellite - nothing. Faulty antenna or connection, maybe?

Anyone have any ideas on where I can I poke around & to try and fix?

Had the unit checked over by Prolek ( N D Haigh) Hudderfield and they agreed its working just fine just aint picking up the satellites. (Instead of it not recognising at all where I am, I have somehow managed to set its location as a small town in the middle of Germany as I was playing around with it!!)

So narrowed it down to being either be the connection at the back of the unit or to the antenna on the roof, or a dodgy antenna unit itself.

Any tips on cost of new antenna, where to get it from & how to get to the base of the aerial to replace or check connection - I guess will involve pulling off the interior cloth to the underside of the roof, not got a clue where to start pulling either!!

Had the A/C checked out whilst it was in as not blowing cold, they reckon it will need a new compressor, costing £475 all in - sounds a little heavy to me, or is that about alright. That's including the cost of stripping down then putting back together as they didnt have the parts in this week.

Right, as for GPS antenna, to get access to this you need to drop the roof lining (the C pillars have to come off to improve access, these you just remove the side rubbers by the boot shut and gently pull them away; BE CAREFUL where they meet the black lower C-pillars as these are liable to snap).

The loom for the GPS/GSM goes from the connectors at the base, down the drivers C-pillar, behind the inner trim, under the drivers sill trim and up behind the dash to the intermediate connector, which is located behind the "My Car" control panel; check there too! Then it comes off the second GPS/GSM loom which goes directly behind the dash to the unit.

Hope that helps :)

Back