General Fan not coming on

Currently reading:
General Fan not coming on

I'd posted before about the rad fan not coming on with Splutter and Kerri's taking him shortly so I need to sort it ASAP.

I'm going to take the switch and/or rad out of the dead selecta and swap it over. I'll change the coolant while I'm at it too.

So, what do I need, how do I do it and whats the most likely thing to go wrong while doing it, lol!:D

Jim

Thanks guys....
I'm going to have a look on wednesday and see what's the craic with it.. Hopefully fit the fuel thingy to sylvia at the same time so I'll have 2 working pandas!:D

Alan, I've got the whole lot at the bottom of the garden so all you have to do is bring yourself for the christmas dinner!

Oh, and we'll put you up too so don't worry about accomatation....(y)

Jim

it's most probably the sensor Jim... it's the 1.5 wide thing in the rad isn't it?

ok, bridged the gap on the fan and it's still not comming on... It's getting dark and I'm going to give up for the day:eek:

So what's the easyest option, pull the motor off or just swap the whole rad/motor combo at once?

Jim

e505jpy said:
So what's the easyest option, pull the motor off or just swap the whole rad/motor combo at once?

If its anything like mine you have to take the fan off before you can get the rad out, so:D

e505jpy said:
ok, bridged the gap on the fan and it's still not comming on... It's getting dark and I'm going to give up for the day:eek:

Jim
Jim did you bridge the wire's on this.......(see below) as this is what powers the fan

Attachments

• DSC00483.JPG
    DSC00483.JPG
    584 KB · Views: 11
that'd be the water temp sensor from the radiator then Alan... rather than the power to the fan

I put 12v on to the fan and there wasn't a kick out of it so I just swapped the whole fan unit for the spare that I had...

All sorted thanks to the panda section, hehe!

Then changed the coolant and decided that it's not easy being green:D

Jim

Attachments

• DSC02990.JPG
    DSC02990.JPG
    495 KB · Views: 11
Back