Technical driveshafts on fire

Currently reading:
Technical driveshafts on fire

eduseatmarbella

HI, everyone

im looking at doing an engine swap on a seat marbella and I'm looking at putting a 1.2 punto engine and box in.

i need to get new drive shafts that will fit both the box and diff and the hubs. ?

will the ones off a newer panda with a fire engine work?

the gearbox may cause issues because of the drive shafts. on puntos with the 1.2 engine they are called "Dry drive shafts" as the CV joints are external to the gearbox where as on the panda and marbella they are "wet shaft" as they go inside the gearbox to the diff. this from what i have seen is to make the drive shafts shorter for the more narrow panda, cinquecento, seicento and marbella type cars.

the good news is that the 1.2 engine will fit to the original gearbox a car has so long as it was a FIRE engine to start with. however if you have the marbella, my guess is you have the 903cc/899cc engine which sadly is not the same bolt pattern

it may be more easy to find a FIRE gearbox from another panda or cinquecento but make sure it has rod type linkages if the car its going in has those originally.

hope this helps..

cheers, thanks for the help,

its going on a 903cc marbella from 1988. im trying to find the cheapest option to get my car back on the road. do you think the punto would be the best way to go ? or just go straight for a cinqucento ? or any other ideas ?

thanks

Awww..... I wanted to see a pic of driveshaft on fire
shush you.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

a cento with the 1108cc engine, gearbox and drive shafts would drop strait in if you got the engine mounts. you would also have to convert the gearbox to run on rod type gear linkages though. unless you could somehow get all of the cento's gear shifter linkages to work in a panda/marbella.

i cant say for the punto 55's (1108cc) gearbox as i have never seen what type they use. my guess is that the drive shafts are longer as the car is wider.

what you need is a pandas gearbox with gear shifter linkages and drive shafts. then any FIRE engine will bolt up to that.

Back