General False Floor Rear

Currently reading:
General False Floor Rear

spoorsy

Right Ive Realised Its Now Time To Remove My Back Seats Now Ive Browsed The Forum And Seen How Good The Final Result Is Has Any One Got Some Well Detailed Pics Or Some Key Facts I Should Know.

Also materials what sort of carpets and how would i be able to make a suitable connection for a harness to be installed. Would like to see hear everyones thoughts.(Also thoughts on installing a rollover cage)

Cheers Tom

Right Ive Realised Its Now Time To Remove My Back Seats Now Ive Browsed The Forum And Seen How Good The Final Result Is Has Any One Got Some Well Detailed Pics Or Some Key Facts I Should Know.

Also materials what sort of carpets and how would i be able to make a suitable connection for a harness to be installed. Would like to see hear everyones thoughts.(Also thoughts on installing a rollover cage)

Cheers Tom

just some mdf and 1x2 should be good for it tbh and normal accoustic carpet from any place like motorworld of probably even halfords, if your building a fake floor and having harness's and buckets have the harness bolted to the original holes for the back seats and then have the faulse floor with holes drilled into them so the bolt goes through(y)

Cheers guys much appreciated just found some good sound proofing carpet on demon tweeks.

Also brooky im not a member of 'club cento' but if you could find that link that'll be great then il make a start on stripping the rear at some point this week.

Cheers Tom

when i did mine i took out the rear mat/carpet
used this as a template and cut an mdf board to that shape
i then offered it up to the boot and made little trims where needed to get a really snugg fit
i then copied this onto another sheet
so...........
after this i cut strips of mdf approx 2" high
attached these to the bottom panel with L brackets
these are the spacers/supports for the top panel
placing the supports depends on what you are putting in the boot

2555Picture_020.jpg

so here i cut a hole for the sub(keeping the sub tight to the seat back) and amp
2555Picture_012.jpg

i also sanded the edges around the amp opening to give it a smoother edge
the sub box was secured to the base with L brackets
all the amp/sub wiring was secured to the bottom panel with the earth/mail feed going to main power blocks on the base meaning only a couple of wires + speaker wires need disconnecting to remove the base
later i fitted a monoblock amp on the other side

you can play around with the basic 'sandwich' design to suit you
access to the spare wheel could be cut into the base panel if desired/applicable for example

with a nice sunny day you can have all the MDF work done in a day easily

Sweet not quite what i had in mind though im on about removing everything in the rear and was looking for a nice finish so a false floor with any carpet in all honesty preferably black but any way loving the sound system at the moment im just running alpine speakers in front dash all looks original the a bass tube in the back with an after burner ;)

Cheers Tom

I've got one sat in my "other" garage you can have if you come get it.. i'll get some pics at the weekend...

Nothing fancy just a flat bit of carpeted wood ;)

Sounds good o me mate but like you said i wouldnt mind seeing a few pics of it first i live near Taunton so not to far ;)

Cheers Tom

Back