500 FAIT 500 - Multiecuscan Problems accessing ECUs via Yellow CAN Adaptor cable

Currently reading:
500 FAIT 500 - Multiecuscan Problems accessing ECUs via Yellow CAN Adaptor cable

Gethin

Hi All, OK so my Blue and Me ECU is not been picked up by the CANBUS. Maybe faulty but it means the Odometer is flashing. Thought I would use MULTIECUSCAN to do a PROXI ALiGNMENT PROCEDURE and if that didn't work change out the BLUE and Me module for a replacement. I have 2 questions. Firstly MULTIECUSCAN works perfectly when I use a ELM directly connected to the car's OBD port and I cen SCAN and CORRECT the BODY, ENGINE and a couple of other ECUs but cannot access other ECUs without a Yellow CAN adaptor cable. Fair enough so I went and bought one. With the new adaptor still couldn't connect to any other ECUs and this means no PROXI ALIGNMENT PROCEDURE. So I bought another ELM and another Yellow adaptor cable. Same outcome ... they can't all be wrong. Second issue is if I the Blue and Me has failed is there any way to stop the Odometer from flashing if I simply remove the faulty unit and dont replace it (never use the Mobile in the car anyway). Radio and steering column integration for radio is working fine. My car is a Fiat 500 Lounge (early 2009) 1.3mj diesel.

VERY late reply..

Just unplug B+M.. that will stop battery drain (y)

Yellow connector.. my 2018 doesnt seem to need one..
pretty sure my friends 2013 did ( 2013 panda doesnt..)

Have a look at the MES Supported Vehicle list.. it breaks down which cables for which module :)

Hopefully help somebody else who is searching

Back