Faded red paint under clearcoat

Currently reading:
Faded red paint under clearcoat

stonebrother

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I need some help. The bonnet on my 2007 Punto Sport Diesel 1.9 has got some paint damage. This is what it looks like now:

1.jpg
2.jpg

(both images are the same car just taken with different lighting)
This has happened in a span of 1 week from perfect paint to this. The clear coat is not faded, its the paint underneath that is affected and there are also white dots. I have a bonnet bra on it as I do a bit of driving for work but I take it off every weekend for a clean.

This has happened to the drivers side and the middle of the bonnet only, none of the other paint is affected. If you know what has happened or know how to repair it please let me know.

Cheers :)

ive had this sometimes after painting something then clear coating it
so have other painters Ive spoken to
we are of the opinion its damp as it normally occurs after we wash the panel down
it usually goes

Its most likely moisture in the paint! if its a recent paint job then take it straight back to where you got it sprayed to rectify under warranty.
Id keep the bra off till its sorted to be honest(n)

Thanks guys,

I have left the bra off today and the white spots have gone away and I think the rest is slow fading away. I think it might be because of the humidity here in Australia as well.

Thanks for your help :)

Back