Technical Facelift front indicators

Currently reading:
Technical Facelift front indicators

KiwiBarchetta

Hi - first post here :)

I’ve had my 2004 facelift model Barchetta since new. I’m from the UK but now live in New Zealand. It’s time for the Barchetta to get some TLC and one of the many parts I’m looking to replace is the indicators on the front bumper. Does anyone know if there are different ones for right and left, or are they the same?

Cheers :)

Going by ePer it looks like they're different. I think it's part 14 on the diagram as D6463 indicates post MY 2003:
1653907815815.png

So part number 51707618 for right hand and 51707620 for left. Autodoc have them in stock as new items.

Hi Kiwi, This is not a reply to your specific question but a request for email contact. I am a dual nationlity Kiwi / Brit and own a Barchetta 1998. Do be in touch. Geoff (GeoffdotLezemoreAtBridesmeredotcom)

Going by ePer it looks like they're different. I think it's part 14 on the diagram as D6463 indicates post MY 2003:
View attachment 407418

So part number 51707618 for right hand and 51707620 for left. Autodoc have them in
View attachment 407418

So part number 51707618 for right hand and 51707620 for left. Autodoc have them in stock as new items.
Thanks Chris! Henk at Barchettaparts seems to think they are the same - I’ll check that with him. Either way, Autodoc are showing no stock as far as I can tell.

No worries, Henk may know that they can fit either way, I'm sure he's seen far more of them than I have! Sorry about Autodoc, I thought I saw they were in stock, my mistake.
Good luck with getting the parts and welcome to the forum.
Thanks Chris - and no worries :) Good to be here, and I'm looking forward to using the forum and interacting with fellow Barchetta owners.

By coincidence: my b failed APK (MOT) in The Netherlands today because my front indicator lights bulbs were delaminated ( craquelure ) ! Ever heard of that?
It seems that the orange bulbs ( I don't know who installed them ) have a layer that breaks-up because of the heat.
So I changed them out this afternoon. Which means that I had both indicator lights out. As far as I could see: identical.
Very easy to do:
With some light under the front bumper look along the side of the fog-light. You can see that they are held in place by 2 8mm nuts.
These nuts are only slightly more than hand-tight. Just enough to snug-up the rubber cone on the back side. I didn't even have to crawl under the car. I could just do everything sitting on the ground in-front, and reaching under.
It was really done in 20 minutes because the 1st took 15 ;)

By coincidence: my b failed APK (MOT) in The Netherlands today because my front indicator lights bulbs were delaminated ( craquelure ) ! Ever heard of that?
It seems that the orange bulbs ( I don't know who installed them ) have a layer that breaks-up because of the heat.
So I changed them out this afternoon. Which means that I had both indicator lights out. As far as I could see: identical.
Very easy to do:
With some light under the front bumper look along the side of the fog-light. You can see that they are held in place by 2 8mm nuts.
These nuts are only slightly more than hand-tight. Just enough to snug-up the rubber cone on the back side. I didn't even have to crawl under the car. I could just do everything sitting on the ground in-front, and reaching under.
It was really done in 20 minutes because the 1st took 15 ;)
Hey - thanks for getting in touch :) I hadn't heard of the delamination before. Glad you got it sorted quickly though and thanks for the tips - will come in handy for when I get around to sorting mine out.

Back