Tuning F.I.R.E Bike carbs

Currently reading:
Tuning F.I.R.E Bike carbs

im using one of those cheap ebay spring solenoid type pumps on Fallout to keep the swirl pot full. does a good job.

should be more than good enough for carbs.

i'd advise bolting it to the engine somewhere. if you bolt it to the chassis of the car it makes a right noise as it resonates through the car. but on the engine its silent.

well you heard it.. works good :D

well I think I am going to start a build thread for the car as I have just sealed the roof, i'm pleasantly impressed with my work lol.

Yeah I am unsure how I am doing the fueling yet, do I fit a swerl pot and use the stock (well P75 pump I have fitted already) or do I just fit a Pressure regulator to restrict the fuel??? I liked you swerl pot john, but not sure how good of an idea that will be on a track car.

i dont think you would need advanced high flow rate and pressure pumps. its carbs.. all you are doing is filling the tiny float bowl up.

if you are doing the tank in the boot thing, all you would need is 2 pipes and one solenoid pump just to push fuel around the fuel loop. then for each carb just use a T piece connector and T into the loop.

too higher pressure may cause the needle valves to pass on the carbs causing them to flood.

the amount of fuel a carb uses.. a solenoid pump like what i was using would be more than enough to keep the bowls topped up.

i dont think you would need advanced high flow rate and pressure pumps. its carbs.. all you are doing is filling the tiny float bowl up.

if you are doing the tank in the boot thing, all you would need is 2 pipes and one solenoid pump just to push fuel around the fuel loop. then for each carb just use a T piece connector and T into the loop.

too higher pressure may cause the needle valves to pass on the carbs causing them to flood.

the amount of fuel a carb uses.. a solenoid pump like what i was using would be more than enough to keep the bowls topped up.

Ace, that's great mate, that's exactly why I came to you Carb gods for the advice lol. I must be the only insane person in the world to be ditching electronic fuel injection in preference for carbs lol.

Ace, that's great mate, that's exactly why I came to you Carb gods for the advice lol. I must be the only insane person in the world to be ditching electronic fuel injection in preference for carbs lol.

Nope, I fell in love with the Sisley's when I got it started :) seriously considering changing the parade over to carb, can't really put a reason on why, but the sisley sounds much better than the parade while running, and having the choke there just feels like you have more control if that makes sense!

I do agree onCarbs versus Injection.

A guy turned up where I work in a Triumph TR6 with 3 x Weber DC0E40's on, when he revved it, it sucked so hard it nearly took all the air out of the car park.
And boy did the hairs on the back of my neck go up with a 6 into 1 exhaust.

Only downside is that as a young man with a Mk1 Golf I took the air filter off and got bollocked for speeding on the basis of noise induction.....
Dave

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread as I've got a P75 engine with 32mm bike carbs, lightened flywheel and an Uno distributor sitting in my garage that was destined for a now abandoned FIRE powered classic Mini project.
I'm now thinking about using the P75 in a Panda/Cinqecento/Sciecento project in the near future.

Back