General Weber 32 DATR Carburettor - Vacuum delay valve needed

Currently reading:
General Weber 32 DATR Carburettor - Vacuum delay valve needed

La Pandamia

Hello,
I am currently restoring a Weber 32 DATR 10/100 carburettor used in the first series fiat panda 4x4.
Unfortunately the carburator was missing it's vacuum delay valve. I have attached a pictured with the missing part circled in red.
Does anyone have any information of about this valve in general, or know where one can be found either new or used?
Cheers!
(Di Michele did not have anymore)

Attachments

• Weber 32 DATR.png
    Weber 32 DATR.png
    596.5 KB · Views: 89
its pretty difficult to delay a vacuum without electronics so to me this only works one way, it lets the vacuum pass through a small hole effectively "delaying" it. at a guess, you would get the same results getting a fish tank air pipe joiner, filling one end with glue then drilling a tiny hole down it.

or if you have one, just put a small carburettor jet in the pipe then push it on to a joiner.

i genuinely think that this would work the same way :)

Hello,
I am currently restoring a Weber 32 DATR 10/100 carburettor used in the first series fiat panda 4x4.
Unfortunately the carburator was missing it's vacuum delay valve. I have attached a pictured with the missing part circled in red.
Does anyone have any information of about this valve in general, or know where one can be found either new or used?
Cheers!
(Di Michele did not have anymore)

Hi,

Bought my 965cc OHV Panda 4x4 new in 1986. It is fitted with 32 DATR 10/100 carb same as yours. The carb was never fitted with the vacuum delay valve (although the lugs are there) and it has never been a problem (currently 115000 miles). My car is currently sorned and in a state of rust and ongoing welding and repair and now me being retired, it has become a bit of a plaything when the mind suits. I start it up every now and then, but not enough, and likewise I have started playing around with cleaning the carb. I have obtained a gasket set and intend to strip down the carb down and rebuild (as weather gets warmer). I also acquired a second hand carb a few years ago for spares (like hens teeth) and this also did not come with a delay valve or pipe, and with muck in each lug port I assume was not used or fitted! The part that always takes the brunt of standing too long is the choke mechanism which will seize up readily if engine not run regularly (water turns to crystals and bungs everything up).

If you have any photos of your carb rebuild or hints / tips found during the carb restoration, would appreciate copies.

Regards.

Waddow

Back