Technical Carburettor Air Box

Currently reading:
Technical Carburettor Air Box

Can anyone help me with the back part of the air filter box for the 999cc FIRE engine with carburettor? Mine has broken round the securing nut. Can't find any available online for pre fuel injection engines. Thanks.

Can anyone help me with the back part of the air filter box for the 999cc FIRE engine with carburettor? Mine has broken round the securing nut. Can't find any available online for pre fuel injection engines. Thanks.
Any chance of plastic welding it, if nothing turns up. Providing the weld material is the same type of plastic, all well cleaned and prepped and the heat source a powerful hot air gun is best but some do it with large soldering iron depending on thickness. Chinese ones are available, but I bought a English one capable of approaching 600 degrees centigrade (so not a toy), cheap at a auction for a commercial vehicle garage that used it for repairing curtain sides on lorries. I used it to make the awning for my boat, but have used it to weld car mirrors and other stuff, not pretty by me but strong enough to last.

Thank you. I was thinking of trying to weld it as I have the broken part and in theory at least it should be possible to put it back together. At the moment, I've put a big plastic washer over the hole but this doesn't hold it very securely.

Thank you. I was thinking of trying to weld it as I have the broken part and in theory at least it should be possible to put it back together. At the moment, I've put a big plastic washer over the hole but this doesn't hold it very securely.
Identifying the exact type of plastic is important to use as a filler rod, some people pare off a little plastic from the object to be welded from somewhere less important. Glues never seem to do the job as they don't hold to the plastic strong enough.
Other than that it may be a case of riveting a metal bracket to give it strength, but not ideal.

Back