Technical Error/Fault Codes

Currently reading:
Technical Error/Fault Codes

Hi all, long time no visit.
Daughter still has her 2008 1.2 Pop, which has been behaving itself, other than needing a new Battery last year, and the usual servicing, Bulbs, Tyres etc.

Now it's showing various Warning Lights.
Airbag
Eng Fault Light
Triangle of Doom

It's also been giving a Low Brake Fluid Warning, despite the Level being fine.

I've check for Codes using my Topdon Diagnostic Unit.

It's showing;
P0504-67 Brake Pedal Switch - Signal Incorrect After Event. Brake Lights go on/off as expected, and the Fault did Clear.
C1215-29 Brake Light Switch - Signal Signal Invalid (yes, it says Signal twice)
U0422-81 FPS Strategy Not Valid Data From BCM - Invalid Serial Data Received

Does the Brake Switch have two lots of contacts, or are there two Switches (Brake Pedal, and Brake Light)?

I've done a fair bit of searching, the only Code list I found doesn't list the U0422-81 or P0504-67 Codes.
Only the C1215-67 ~ Brake Light Switch - Invalid Signal - Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module detects that the Brake Lamp Switch is sending an internal failure message.

Searching seems to point mostly to the Body Control Module (BCM), are they generic to the 500s, i.e. can I just replace with another used one, or is there some sort of Programming/Flashing required?

Any ideas?

Thanks all . . .

Thanks Steve.
I have an OBD to USB Lead that I use on my Moto Guzzi (GuzziDiag program), where do I find the Software, and is it Fiat-specific, or can it be used on other makes?

They are mostly used for the Drain Hoses on the Airboxes of Motorbikes.
They're only really used because they stay sealed, so you're not sucking unfiltered Air into the Engine, but can be drained easily without Tools.

I've seen them on a few Cars, but they're not that common.

Thanks Steve.
I have an OBD to USB Lead that I use on my Moto Guzzi (GuzziDiag program), where do I find the Software, and is it Fiat-specific, or can it be used on other makes?
Fiat and alfa only! google multi ecu scan and you will find the web site easy enough! the ELM leads are on e- bay!

So where are these things, I hear quite a bit about them, but would like a gander at mine 😁
In the engine bay look under the scuttle panel !-one either side roughly in line with each end of the rocker cover up high at the back use a torch- or feel gently with your fingers so as not to knock them out of place!

Back