Technical Error P1120-61 Throttle valve position control

Currently reading:
Technical Error P1120-61 Throttle valve position control

Hi everybody

This error is on a Twinair Plus 2011 which has at the moment 102.000 km

While driving i had a check engine light (and also the yellow triangle) and start-stop off.
The car went into safe mode revving up to 2500 rpm.

Next morning i went to the repair shop , where they checked the error.
Then they took off the throttle body , cleaned with carb spray , changed the sealant and also did a reset-basic setting for the throttle sensor.

The car worked ok for only a day.

I have the same error again.

Anyone with the same problem and what it did to fix it ?

I already read the similar threads in here to have a clue.

Attachments

• Clipboard_03-22-2024_02.jpg
    Clipboard_03-22-2024_02.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
  • Clipboard_03-22-2024_01.jpg
    Clipboard_03-22-2024_01.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 17
Random intermittent ignition failures on a TA that's covered this sort of mileage are suggestive of a worn out uniair module. That's just a suggestion as to one possible cause, not a definitive diagnosis, but it fits the symptoms you're describing.

To confirm this requires more sophisticated testing than most garages would have access to.

You need to be sure it's the cause before replacing it, since the part alone costs around €1000.

There's a lot more about this elsewhere on the forum, take a look starting here, then follow the links.

Last edited:
Random intermittent ignition failures on a TA that's covered this sort of mileage are suggestive of a worn out uniair module. That's just a suggestion as to one possible cause, not a definitive diagnosis, but it fits the symptoms you're describing.

To confirm this requires more sophisticated testing than most garages would have access to.

You need to be sure it's the cause before replacing it, since the part alone costs around €1000.

There's a lot more about this elsewhere on the forum, take a look starting here, then follow the links.

Thanks for your reply.
To be honest , i have the same feeling about this fault-error , but i was hoping to prove me wrong (for obvious reasons).

I forgot to mention that i have those random misfire codes at least twice a month (never with a light on)
And i also have a raise in city driving consumption to 8.2-8.8 lt/100

I am trying to find a used throttle body to swap just to test , before i have to buy anything else.

I dont know what else i could try ...

Either i'm very unlucky or something went terribly wrong.

I got the car back from the workshop on Friday , he told me he changed the throttle body with a used one.
Yesterday evening i got the same error.

And now it's no longer intermittent !!

I clear the error and it gets back within seconds.
:(

Anybody know if i can perform any simple task with MES , just to be able to use the car just for today ?
Any kind of reset or basic setting ?
At the moment the car is not drivable (you cant go anywhere with 2500 rpm).

Attachments

• 1711874902788.jpg
    1711874902788.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
The second used throttle body , worked like a charm ... no more P1120-61 fault.

What i didnt know , is that the Twinair throttle body (FIAT 55219071 or Bosch 0 280 750 462) is also used on the 1750cc TBi !!!

Case closed here.

Back