Technical Error code p130a - cylinder misfire

Currently reading:
Technical Error code p130a - cylinder misfire

dj8

Hi all, the other week my car engine light came on so I took it to be checked. The garage got following error codes p130a p0301, it seems cylinder 1 misfiring. The misfire only seems to happen when idle and engine is warm. Driving at speed seems fine. My mechanic has checked coil, spark plugs, Injectors and pressure which all seem fine. Car is only 4 years old 30k miles and is petrol 1.4 turbo. The other thing to note is when engine light comes on I also get "stop and start disconnected" message. Any ideas or experience that anyone has with this much appreciated.

Last edited:
Can't say I've seen any real reports of misfires on here

It could be worth swapping the coil packs on cylinder 1 to one of the other cylinders see if your random misfire moves to this other cylinder
Hi Chris, mechanic tried this but didn't help.

p130 a means that the computer turns off the injector of the first cylinder due to too much misfire. Check the socket on the injector itself for a bad contact, also on the ECU side there may still be a bad contact.

p130 a means that the computer turns off the injector of the first cylinder due to too much misfire. Check the socket on the injector itself for a bad contact, also on the ECU side there may still be a bad contact.
Thanks will pass onto my mechanic to check. Attached are the error codes we got if like take a look.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_082930_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230412_082930_Gallery.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 172
I know he swapped two injectors around to see if error moved to another cylinder but it didn't error still showed on cylinder 1

Did the mechanic confirm that the engine's not overheating or the headgasket is not leaking?
He didn't say, but he did think unlikely to be a mechanical issue due to only 30k miles and only just turned 4 years. He's a good experienced mechanic I've known for many years so think he would spot what you mention. If was overheating wouldn't it be an issue driving at 50mph. Issue only seems when idle for 30 secs or so and engine is warm. Doesn't have the problem from a cold start.

Back